Replacemnet for Westone W40
Aug 8, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #18 of 24
u should consider Noble 4 because i don't think Heir 4ai's avaiable at this time.
Due to my own experience. Phonak 232 is great upgrade for W40.( i sold my W4r and bought Phonak232 and keep them for 3 years till 2 cable of it broken and i purchase new cable :D, can not give t hem up ><) 

My pfe232 cable is broken also. Where did you buy the cable?

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #20 of 24
  Ive had the westone w40 for about 6 months and loved them, but recently the connecter part of the left ear piece came out and the earpiece was rendered useless. I called Westone and they said it was unfixable, so i guess its time to look for a replacement. My best option would be to find a way to fix them but i do not think that is possible. So I am wondering which similar quality iEM i should get to replace it. 

I tried the se535 and absolutely hated it as it was extremely reserved and had low clarity compared to the w40. 

im also looking at the ue900s, i used to own the 900's and absolutely loved them, (maybe better than the w40's), but I'm also interested in trying something new.

Other options I'm interested are the heir 4.ai and the phonak pf 232

which one would you guys recommend? 

any other options in that general sound signature?

also, if anyone is interested in buying a fully funciontal half pair of w40's (One earpiece and cable working perfectly, i can throw in the broken pair as well) I would love to let it go and would be willing to let it go for cheap.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/729124/w40-for-sale
(Link to pics)

thanks guys very much

Shouldn't you be able to get a new set replaced under warranty if you've had it less than a year or am I missing something obvious?

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #21 of 24

Shouldn't you be able to get a new set replaced under warranty if you've had it less than a year or am I missing something obvious?

I bought a pair of W4Rs about 1 3/4 years ago, and after about 18 months one of the housings split in half right on the seam (I believe they are two pieces glued together after installation of the BAs). As everything was still intact otherwise (the wiring was even still attached and holding the two halves together) I believed that they would just glue the two halves back together and return them to me. Instead, in less than a week I received a brand new set of W40s. According to their website, as long as they are purchased from an authorized reseller, you are the originall owner, and the damage was not caused by abuse or attempted modification, the warranty is two years. I've always gotten great warranty support from Westone. Did they claim the damage was due to abuse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back