Replacement Q-jays on Cowon J3
Sep 24, 2011 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bart1981

New Head-Fier
Maybe you 'experts'  can help me out here.
At this moment I own a pair of Q-Jays which I use in combination with my Cowon J3.
I'm thinking of, pasing the Q-Jays over to my girlfriend and getting myself a new pair of In-Ears.

The Q-Jays are great fun listening to, but there are two minor things I don't like about them, and maybe some other In-Ears can do this better.
1) There is just a tiny bit to little bass in the Q-Jays
2) The volume can't be put to loud otherwise the Q-Jays start distorting. Don't get me wrong they can go loud enough for 90% of the time. But for that one song, you want to listen loud now and then, they just start distoring a little bit to fast.

So what I'm looking for are In-Ears that:
- Are in the same (or a bit above) the price level of the Q-Jay (maybe second hand?)
- Have a tiny bit more bass/low in them.
- Can go a little bit louder without distorting
- Are as comfortable as the Q-Jays.

So what In-Ears would you guys advice?

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 3
I will recommend to try these IEMs like Sony EX600, Etymotic HF5, Sennheiser IE7, IE8(get very loud), UE TF10Pro(very loud), MTP Copper and MTP Gold(they all sound loud n clear without distorting)..

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 3
As mentioned in my first post, I'm looking for something around the same price level as the Q-Jays. Maybe a bit more expensive.
Most of the time I'm listening to house music, but also lounge, Enya, and other pop music.

I'm not that good in describing what kind of sound I'm looking for.
I think the Q-jays sound great, lost of detail, but just lacking a bit bass. So what I'm looking for is the sound of the Q-Jays with a bit more bass, and which can go a little bit louder.

Personally I was thinking of the Westone (UM)2. Or the super.fi 5. But that's more a wild guess and bases on some fast reviews I read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back