Replacement for aging Soundblaster X7?
May 15, 2023 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Thomas119966

New Head-Fier
Ive had my soundblaster X7 for nearly 10 years, its been great for my use case but now the windows drivers for it are so old (2016) that anticheat software of modern games sometimes conflict with the very old files. Ontop of that its developed strange behaviour which to me is a sign its failing slowly.

So im wondering whats out there fitting my use case today, i havent followed this space for a while so im hoping for some guidance.

I got a pair of creative gigaworks t40 2.0 speakers, a pair of large floorstanding speakers connected a old Onkyo stereo amplifier, a pair of beyerdynamic dt770 headphones and at last a pair of HE400i headphones.

The two pairs of headphones are only used occasionally.

A new sound solution basically needs rca output(for the floorstanding speakers) 3.5mm jack for the creative speakers(can also be rca) and ideally a 6.3mm jack for the headphones.

Easy switching between the outputs would be a huge plus, otherwise it doesnt have to be super fancy, half the features of the X7 i have now i never used, sometimes id add a bit of EQ if i felt it was lacking, otherwise it was in direct mode 90% of the time.

Hope someone has some ideas of what would be a good fit, budget isnt really a factor for the moment as im mostly just seeing whats possible and what price range they land in.

EDIT: Just saw ive posted this in the wrong section, sorry!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back