Repeated HIFIMAN RE262 Issues.
Jun 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ezsqrd

New Head-Fier
I've been having some unfortunate luck with the RE262s. Even after exchanging the first pair for a new pair, I'm having the same problem where one side (not the same side for both pairs) does not produce any sound. This problem appeared only after several months of usage, which leads me to wonder if I am doing something wrong. I use them for leisure listening and avoid using them when working out. When I'm out, I either store them in a backpack or sometimes the pockets in my pants (which I suspect is probably the cause?). It'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me an idea of why this might be happening, thanks.

Jun 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 4
just send them back and get a replacement

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 4
The problem is because I purchased it through an online website that ships from China. And knowing the cause would be helpful in preventing it from happening to the new pair.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
The problem is because I purchased it through an online website that ships from China. And knowing the cause would be helpful in preventing it from happening to the new pair.

You're stressing the cable when you put them in your backpack/pants pocket.  Get a small hard case (an altoids tin works fine) to store them in when you're not using them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back