Repairing M1060c's
Dec 12, 2020 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

greasyelbows

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I bought a pair of secondhand Monoprice M1060c's. The one driver occasionally goes dead after not being used for a while. In order to get it work, I have to turn the volume way up (max vol. on O2 amp, high gain, max on source LG G7 source and sometimes adding pre-amp on LG G7 USB Audio Player). Sometimes just unplugging and plugging back in the 2.5mm driver cable is enough to get it working again instead of turning up the volume.

I'm worried that turning the headphones up to such loud volumes will eventually cause irreparable damage to both drivers. Can anyone here help me figure out my options and how to go forward?

I'd prefer to try to fix them myself. I'm not experienced at soldering, but I'm eager to learn.

If not repairable by soldering, I'd like to find a replacement driver or send these in to get them repaired. I'm not having much luck finding ways to do either of those though.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it -- I love these headphones and would like not to have to buy a second pair.

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't know about fixing the headphones, but I will say that I don't think you'll damage the drivers with the O2 amp. The O2 is capable of 337mW into 15Ω; the M1060C is 18Ω and can handle 5,000mW for 200ms, and the recommended power is 1,000mW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back