Repair and/or HD-to-flash upgrade of old iMods and Wolfson-DAC Nano's -- Commercial shop or for-money Modder recommendations?
Jul 5, 2015 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wavoman

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, I tried searching here and I know GIYF but I am coming up with no actual recommendations or reviews for a commercial shop or for-money modder I can send a bunch of iMods and iPods to (about a half-dozen) to get the hard disks repaired/replaced.  Is Tarkan's flash product still the way to go?  Someone who works with that would be ideal!

Please recommend someone -- even yourself -- I have these ready-to-ship and I know how to use PayPal.  Please share with me any good experience you have had, especially if it involves Tarkan flash, but knowing about any iPod disk replacement that someone would do for me (for money) would be cool.

Many thanks.  I am addicted to the Wolfson sound and like it better than all the fancy new PMPs I have heard at meets.

Especially iMods by Red Wine, love Vinnie, into a decent portable AMP (have a bunch).

Why do I need so many?  Don't ask.  I could tell you I leave a rig at each gf's house, but that would be a total fantasy.  They all prefer Bose.

Jul 5, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Jul 5, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you!  That thread is huge, and it seemed to be all DIY, but indeed you were right, a member posted in that thread not too long ago that he does this type of work.

I will reach out shortly to him via PM.  Exactly what I was looking for.

I love Head-Fi.  Thanks again, Relma!   I would never have found this on my own.  But when you are part of Head-Fi, you are never alone, are you?

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Wrong thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back