<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Jul 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #301 of 733
We don't need Messi, we've got Carlton Cole.
bigsmile_face.gif

Give us a release date, or I'll put a curse on you so you a West Ham fan for life,
which is misery beyond compare.!

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #304 of 733
Quote:
What update info do you need?

Anything really. Mainly how long until the next solid update (or when the product is due to be finished). With little information and no stimulation, no hypefest is sustainable.

Personally I'd like to know whether the amp output impedance is close to 0.1ohms and if the amp will be modular.

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #305 of 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
to be release the day after West Ham United win the Champions League

This is not true. If it is true, HIFIMAN will buy West Ham United and move Barcelona there. 

One of the funniest moment at Head-fi
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #308 of 733
Quote:
At least tell us what DAC chip will you use in HM-901. :)

Without knowing what else they're doing with clocking and filters etc., the chip itself may not tell you much but could bias potential customers. There was nothing lacking in the old DAC chip or Op Amps used. They would only change them to accomidate a different configuration or if a particular DAC chip had a preferred on board filter or input circuit making it more viable for a small format. Hard to beat a 1704 with the right bits around it.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #309 of 733
Quote:
Without knowing what else they're doing with clocking and filters etc., the chip itself may not tell you much but could bias potential customers. There was nothing lacking in the old DAC chip or Op Amps used. They would only change them to accomidate a different configuration or if a particular DAC chip had a preferred on board filter or input circuit making it more viable for a small format. Hard to beat a 1704 with the right bits around it.

Exactly, the Hi-sound products are a clear indication that is it not always the DAC section that counts but pure implementation. I'm a bit tired of people jumping to conclusions based on this as it is false and not 100% accurate.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #313 of 733
really would love to know the battery life
blink.gif

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #315 of 733
I'm not even interested anymore, just curious. Bought a dx100 to suit my needs after the prolonged silence. Sounds way better thanmy now bricked hm801

Did you get to compare them directly / side by side before the HM-801 was killed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back