Remove removable cables? :D
Jan 23, 2018 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

100+ Head-Fier
Apologies for the dumb question - I see many threads about stubborn removable cables, but at least in the first few pages of my search, I cannot find a answer for - should you?

Lemme explain - after many years of owning only fixed cable headphones, I find myself suddenly not with one but two removable cable headphones.

I am a little bit OCD - when storing my headphones, I rarely use whatever provided case or box - I am worried about the end of the cable that goes into the headphone - if it stays in a "bendy" position, I am paranoid about it breaking (and cannot help it) because on fixed cable headphones is a huge pain to change it. Might be less of a pain on removable cable headphones, but I don't want to break things unnecessarily.

But I least I can store my headphones in their case with cable outside on a non-"bendy" position.

However, I struggle a little bit to connect and disconnect the cable - it can be stubborn and I will admit that it hurts to press that little pin then try to pull out the cable. Now I worry I am gonna break either the cable, the plug or the receptacle, given all that force applied, plus the insertion/removal cycle.

SO THE QUESTION IS:

What is the best course of action? What could break or should I worry about more, the "bendy" position of the insert/pull every time I use?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the dumb question.

v

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back