Remember when a DIY'er used these?!?....What a great hobby this was back then...
Apr 1, 2013 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
I was searching for a more substantial box to enclose my cmoy and came across Serpac's website. Remember these? They were awesome. I remember getting what I believe was a MINT in a blue translucent plastic Serpac case. It was awesome. Basic toggle switches for everything. No LEDs needed or wanted. I miss those days. Amps were built for the fun of it. Money was never the motive. Oh, how times have changed and not for the better.

To those individuals who created META, PIMETA and PPA, I salute you and thank you. I tore apart my attic trying to find my original META42 (forgot who built it though) and couldn't find it. What I would give to have that amp back now.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 6

So I just unearthed a box with a Built PPA mint that I managed to squeeze into this enclosure and various bits for my Dynahi that I abandon because I started a business. Finally dusting this stuff off. Put to 9v batteries in my mint and it still sounds amazing. I echo your hats of to Tangent for loads of fun matching resistors. Think I may finally fire up another build after 8 years...

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 6
Indeed.
beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 6
6-7 year old pimeta.  Anyone remember mister-X, he made this one.  I think every HF'er back then either owned or has heard at least one of his builds.

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 6
I used that first case to house my current ODAC. I also used that case about two years ago to house a PIMETA. :) Those little amps were fun to build.

Apr 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
6-7 year old pimeta.  Anyone remember mister-X, he made this one.  I think every HF'er back then either owned or has heard at least one of his builds.

I had the exact same amp. It was the best thing since sliced bread back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back