Released: Sleek Audio SA1 !!! *SA1 Discussion Thread*
Nov 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #63 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by acencsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'll let everyone know what I think when they get here. Most of my experience is with entry level headphones (grado sr60i, denon c452, Sony xb700, and jvc rx700) since I'm just a poor college student but since that's the price level these are competing with, I should be able to give a good idea of the price/value ratio. I'll be using them with the new fiio e1.

Mine are set to be delivered today...too bad I have to wait until I get out of work.
icon10.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #64 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there are the 3 pair of the SA6 + 3 new pair of single flange

Wow, so many ?
Nice haha, I love their silicon tips

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #66 of 140
btw just to clarify an ealier post by Andrew@Sleek

Quote:

Yup, the flanges are fully compatible between the SA6 and SA1.

The dualflanges included in the SA1 are the exact same as the SA6 (hence compatible)
The single flange included in the SA1 won't fit the SA6 as they are to wide open.

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #67 of 140
Quote:

The dualflanges included in the SA1 are the exact same as the SA6 (hence compatible)
The single flange included in the SA1 won't fit the SA6 as they are to wide open.

Huh. Bummer. Thanks for the clarification.

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #68 of 140
Quote:

there are the 3 pair of the SA6 + 3 new pair of single flange

For the single flanges, did you receive small, medium, and large? I have two mediums and one large. I'm having fit issues in my right ear and am wondering if there is a smaller size.

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #70 of 140
Quote:

to be honest I did not really look into it but yes may be medium and small are similar..

OMG.. sleek is already out of stock !!

I have an email into Sleek to see if there is a smaller one than the medium. Still having fit issues with my right ear.

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #71 of 140
Quote:

Haha, I more or less realised it when I first saw the photos by gear diary.. well, the dual flanges suits me fine.

Pardon me haha.. but I am wondering if there will be a CT1 or not haha.
Dynamic driver in a custom shell ?
Haha, need to poke a hole somewhere on the shell for ventilation ?
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #72 of 140
Quote:

to be honest I did not really look into it but yes may be medium and small are similar..

OMG.. sleek is already out of stock !!

Also, is one side of your cord longer than the other. I have about an inch difference between the length of the left and right side.

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #73 of 140
On the SA1 I've been retailing, and I see no reason why the others would be any different:

- The cord is of equal length
- The 3 olive shaped silicone are of different size (although the size gap between small and medium is not as pronounced as the size gap between medium and large )

sa1_003.jpg

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #74 of 140
I'm planning on ordering a pair within the next few days! Also, for those that own them, how severely does the hole in the housing affect the sound isolation? The olives plug up the ears so perfectly, but it seems like that would be mostly defeated by the breathing the housing does. Isn't that how the vibes are designed?

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #75 of 140
I just wanted to thank everyone who posted pictures and links to reviews.. I've been out of the head-fi trying/buying scene for a while and I recently started lurking again. I just ordered a pair of SA1's and I'm excited to try them. They will be replacing my UM1's which I unfortunately broke last week and I hope these will provide as much enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back