Relationship Help: Boyfriend / Girlfriend issue
Aug 22, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #136 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be discreet about your lovers (don't kiss & tell)

If you want to be a manwhore - this is a MUST. If you can't be discreet, your never going to be manwhore. Great advice redshifter!

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #137 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to be a manwhore - this is a MUST. If you can't be discreet, your never going to be manwhore. Great advice redshifter!

Thanks. I learned from a master.

Aug 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #138 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well... funny thing happens.
This person I know over the internet said he had very cute japanese girlfriend, and his story sounded quite real and serious. Then, you know what? His girlfriend's name turned out to be the same with an anime character, and his story is quite similiar to the story of that anime. That poor guy was so into that anime character, think her as a real girlfriend. No wonder he is a single even after... well, he is middle aged man. I listen him seriously, often gave him an advice or two before, but for now, I am enjoying conversation with him more than ever. It's quite refreshing. LOL

Hey, you shut up about Belldandy!

Aug 22, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #139 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Six years is a long time and worth trying to work things out. I, however, don't wish you luck, but rather, I wish you awareness. The situation, right down to the co-worker/understanding friend turned crush is too typical to be tossed off as a simple matter of forgive and forget because it is a first with you two.

If you have a pattern of neglecting her, or showing affection in ways that mean something to you, but little to her, step up your game.

BUT

that doesn't change the fact that she was unwilling to address the issue at hand, feeling neglected (as she claims) with you first, or if she did and still didn't find her needs being met, she didn't have the respect for herself or you to call it off, even if painful, before acting on a crush. She first told you about the dinner, but only later told you about the beach. This is not honesty. If the dinner was innocent, deciding to go to a beach (does this guy even know she's in a relationship?) had to raise questions of right or wrong in her mind and she chose what felt good to her over what was right for the two of you. She had to know it would bother you and chose to do it anyway. Or, what may be worse, she put you and your six years together out of her mind completely. Then, she chose to tell you only part. This is not innocence. It's selfishness and immaturity. Her crying doesn't change that. Your neglect didn't make her chose poorly. She chose freely.

I, sadly, have a few female friends who cheat on their husbands and almost always with someone they met at work. They all use the He doesn't treat me right/He neglects me/The sex used to be good but isn't anymore excuses to justify their actions. Since I've known some of these women since childhood, I can honestly say in all their cases, their husbands do neglect them as women, are boring as hell in bed (from what they tell me), and take them for granted as wives, but my friends are not really interested in fixing that. They love their husbands, but they also like, on a very real level, being able to blame their husbands for what they feel is missing rather than admit that what they're really looking for is the thrill and validation of feeling attractive and attracted to a new man. When the thrill is gone, or they start feeling guilty, or the guy turns out to not be prince charming, they start loving their husbands all over again, and tell me how truly kind and wonderful, and blah blah etc. he is and how could they have been so foolish when all they want is their wonderful husband blah blah blah. The cycle always picks up again.

I'm not saying your girlfriend is like these women, but her choices tell me that she could become one if she's blaming you for her decision to act with another rather than explore new ways of being with you or calling it off before moving on. Just be aware.

I just had to quote this one again. Some solid advice here from Boomana.

-Ed

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #140 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, you shut up about Belldandy!

bell.jpg

LOL, She's all yours.
icon10.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #141 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hit it one more time for old time's sake and then move on..or your next thread will be a crybaby thread about how you got dumped and are so blue

LOL!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #142 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some solid advice here from Boomana.

Agreed...as the young people say, WORD!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #143 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed...as the young people say, WORD!!
biggrin.gif

I have seen these E/N threads over and over again. And the OP never takes anyone's advice, ever.

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #144 of 150
Quote:

I have seen these E/N threads over and over again. And the OP never takes anyone's advice, ever.

That's the way it is, and more often than not, the advice given turns out to be right.

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #145 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the way it is, and more often than not, the advice given turns out to be right.

since he got advice to do everything from nail her sister to clean her up after she goes out with the other guy, of course some of the advice will be right
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #146 of 150
I'll tell you one thing, even if you don't listen to the advice given here.....usually, when somebody gives you relationship advice, it's usually spot on, as there's no feelings involved to cloud judgement. i.e. clear, rational, unbiased(for the most part), and most of the time, thinking with the right head, lol.

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #147 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll tell you one thing, even if you don't listen to the advice given here.....usually, when somebody gives you relationship advice, it's usually spot on, as there's no feelings involved to cloud judgement. i.e. clear, rational, unbiased(for the most part), and most of the time, thinking with the right head, lol.

indeed brother.

but also keep in mind, I'm sure RX7 knows his girl a lot better than we do. so even though this may seem like the typical dump & chump situation that we are all familiar with, maybe its quite different for the OP (either feelings or trust involved).

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #148 of 150
This situation sounds very familiar because I've been the "guy friend". The girl never told me she had a boyfriend and always enjoyed my company. She would ask me to do things with her all the time. I didn't find out that she had a boyfriend until one day in class he made a surprise visit... it only got worse after that for the bf...

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #149 of 150
Quote:

That might have something to do with age. When I was younger, people gave me the best advice in the world and I took none of it. It was all about my experience, and I thought that no one could really understand the uniqueness of what I was going through, even if I thought their advice was good for others. That's just the way it goes. Now that I'm older and have far too many dots that connect, I take good advice more readily and prefer to learn from others' mistakes rather than make my own.

Aug 23, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #150 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bell.jpg

LOL, She's all yours.
icon10.gif

hahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since he got advice to do everything from nail her sister to clean her up after she goes out with the other guy, of course some of the advice will be right
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey, even a stopped clock tells the correct time twice a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back