Refs Defeats Colts in Playoffs
Jan 4, 2009 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

1Time

Headphoneus Supremus
Unbelievable. The Chargers couldn't play well enough on their own to defeat the Colts, so the refs had to do it for them. The Colts had the Chargers beat, but the game went to sudden death over time with the aid of the refs. The Chargers won the flip for first possession. And then the refs made 3 first down gaining penalties in a row against the Colts to position the Chargers for the game winning score. Unbelievable. Go refs! LOL

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 16
The funny part is that the penalties were not made up. The Colt's defense killed them on that drive.

Peyton gets to watch his little brother in the playoffs again. Peyton is starting to show the Manning jinx.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #6 of 16
This should not even had been a game. The Colts sacked the crap out of Rivers, Manning was throwing the ball all over the place, and two Charger turnovers in the endzone should have sealed the Bolts fate.

Taking a sack on your own 1 yeard line?? What???? GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The "Manning jinx"... LOL... the Colts won the 2007 super bowl. They must have fired those refs.

Yeah I LOL'ed too. Jinx??? Each brother has won a Super Bowl. Must be a Pats fan.

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The penalties were fair.

That face mask would be called anytime in any situation, and that was defensive holding. A penalty is a penalty, not just when it is less critical.

I thought the Chargers outplayed Indianapolis but can't claim a rooting interest. It was a great game either way, with a-lot of big plays.

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peyton is starting to show the Manning jinx.

I wish I had a jinx like that. I'd make a crapload more money for working on Sundays.

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #11 of 16
Yea, the Colts bet themselves and the Chargers did out-play the Colts. To me neither looked like Superbowl teams yesterday. The Chargers are still going to have to bring their game up another notch or two before being the Superbowl champs not to say they can't do it.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #12 of 16
I have a Manning Jersey and am a Colts fan. My address is Indiana. Yes, both Boys have won a SB and what a story. But they also remind me of their father in that Archie put up so many numbers to shoot himself in the foot with average play in critical games. Darkninja hit it when he says that this game was well in hand for the Colts and the defense blew it.

I was frustrated with the loss and put the blame on Manning. After some time to simmer, perhaps my remark of "jinx" was a bit over the top. Fans can be the hardest critics in a blown win.

Moral of the story is don't comment on emotional events until the booze has no influence.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #13 of 16
IMHO, there shouldn't have even BEEN an OT. The refs blew a call at the end of the first half (the late fumble deep in Colts territory that wasn't...ball was out before his knee was down) that would have provided the Chargers with a margin of victory.

There WERE a lot of flags, but I didn't see anything that seemed like an egregiously bad call, however. The face mask is going to get called every time.

Good game, all in all...

BTW - In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a fan of either team.

Actually, I'm a Lions fan (yes, I know...poor stupid person). I see that Matt Millen has resumed his duties as commentator. Well, I guess that proves that we can't be good at everything, huh.

Jan 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good game, all in all...

BTW - In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not a fan of either team.

Actually, I'm a Lions fan (yes, I know...poor stupid person). I see that Matt Millen has resumed his duties as commentator. Well, I guess that proves that we can't be good at everything, huh.

LoL!

I'm a Blues fan and our team is being ran by a commentator. I envy your Wings. Great days for the team and model institution. All hail Mike/Scotty! The KGBH/HE90s of hockey.

(Yanks the wheel hard to the left to get back on topic)
redface.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unbelievable. The Chargers couldn't play well enough on their own to defeat the Colts, so the refs had to do it for them. The Colts had the Chargers beat, but the game went to sudden death over time with the aid of the refs. The Chargers won the flip for first possession. And then the refs made 3 first down gaining penalties in a row against the Colts to position the Chargers for the game winning score. Unbelievable. Go refs! LOL

Twasn't the refs that killed the Colts, it was the punter for San Diego. I think Manning had to start six times inside the 10 yard line. That's too much to overcome on the road.

If Indianapolis got ripped in any way, it was having to travel to San Diego for an away game after posting a 12-4 record, with the Chargers at 8-8. The Chargers just seem to have the Colts number in San Diego. If the game was in Indy, I bet it would have gone the other way. But that's the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back