Red Wine Audio Cassabria
Sep 1, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #16 of 20
Thanks for that, KmanChu!

I'm ok with single-ended input to an amp with balanced output. I personally don't believe the DAC output has to be balanced with short, well-shielded cables, where common-mode rejection is not really necessary or beneficial. Balanced output to the headphones is more important, to avoid cross-channel impedance fluctuations on a common ground - affecting the frequency response of dynamic headphones moreso than planar magnetics, which are almost purely resistive, and therefore, less vulnerable to the phenomenon. But even the planars (especially the planars) can benefit from the additional power available at the 4-pin jack.

Still learning and always eager to be corrected...

:D

Mike

Sep 2, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #17 of 20
As if to say, "The Cassabria offers no advantages over the discontinued Corvina," which sold for almost half the price.

I'm pretty sure the Corvina was the <1W output stage only. So that is a pretty big difference right there.

The Corvina came in SE and also 5W balanced version. Don't think there's a massive difference in price between the balanced Corvina and the new Cassabria.

The SE Corvina cost a lot less. That's the one I tried for a couple of weeks against the V200 & Soloist with LCD2.2. The Corvina was more refined, just "higher fi" sounding than both, but was best at lower volume. The Cassabria came out after that and was top of my list, but couldnt find much to read about it, so it fell off the radar.

Definitely keeping a look out for this new thing.

Sep 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 20
Hi Poladise,

Quote:
  The Corvina came in SE and also 5W balanced version. Don't think there's a massive difference in price between the balanced Corvina and the new Cassabria.

The SE Corvina cost a lot less.

That's the one I tried for a couple of weeks against the V200 & Soloist with LCD2.2. The Corvina was more refined, just "higher fi" sounding than both, but was best at lower volume. The Cassabria came out after that and was top of my list, but couldnt find much to read about it, so it fell off the radar.

Definitely keeping a look out for this new thing.

That would indeed explain the price difference - thanks!  

Mike

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #19 of 20
Whoa, Vinnie!

You really have been busy - creating a very appealing product! Modular design? Powered by ultra-capacitors? This is off the hook! :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/9pPigQ_5N_s[/VIDEO]

More info: http://vinnierossi.com/?utm_source=Vinnie+Rossi+List&utm_campaign=0eac134fb8-First_VRA_newsletter10_9_2014

Hi Mike,

[snip]

I can't go into detail about it here, but something new is in the works and will be unveiled at CanJam 
at RMAF next month.

It will be a game-changer!  Stay-tuned, and make sure you are signed up on our newsletter (link on RWA
website).

Again, sorry I can't go into more detail - and sorry I have not updated this thread sooner.

Vinnie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back