Recording/Mastering Headphones?
May 28, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #91 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
All this talk about how bright the V6 is... Why is it then, that my pair is a lot less trebly than the Senn HD580s... not a hint of shrillness or sibilance to be heard... also, there are mids on my pair... almost as strong as my CD1700... but cleaner...

Weird. I would never describe any pair of V6 I've heard as having less treble than the HD 580/600. And mids as strong as the CD1700? Is that even possible?
wink.gif

Quote:

...and I can, and have A/Bd my results with my other cans... and the reason for the difference? because i've heavily burnt in my V6...

I don't think that's it, Duncan... some of us have pairs of V6 that have been heavily burnt in and still don't experience what you're describing.

May 28, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #92 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
I don't think that's it, Duncan... some of us have pairs of V6 that have been heavily burnt in and still don't experience what you're describing.

I'm not going to disagree with you MacDef, but I know that I've seriously thrashed these poor innocent little 'phones... I can say with a fair amount of certainty that well in excess of 50mw was going through the 'phones a lot of the time (semi-continual burn-in via my X-Can V2)

Or... it could purely be my particular setup has got a bit of system synergy, and just makes the V6 sing... But, one thing I do know... its not my ears... after all, why would general rules of thumb (V6 vs HD580) be reversed? I don't have my ears on back to front... do I?
wink.gif

May 28, 2002 at 6:05 PM Post #93 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Or... it could purely be my particular setup has got a bit of system synergy, and just makes the V6 sing...

That's a definite possibility, and the one I would suspect.

Quote:

I don't have my ears on back to front... do I?
wink.gif

Well, there's always that
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back