Recording Impulse Responses for Speaker Virtualization
Oct 5, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #1,666 of 1,817
Is there anyone who has time who can check if my file is working normally?
7.1 file. Equalizer APO + Hesuvi + VBcable (Just a heads up, the regular 2ch hrir works very well.)
As far as I know, measurements and files are fine.
But when I test this, it actually works very weird on Netflix (non-chrome Netflix app 5.1 or the video I have).

The left and right sides of the front operate in normal positions.
And the sides and the rear are heard as each is changed. The rear is on the side, the side is on the rear (I can respond to this part somehow because I can change the name order when I make the filter.)
But there's something else that's most ridiculous.
I can hear the sound of the center behind my head. So I can hear lines from Netflix or movies behind my head(Almost Rear line). lol.

My Device is topping dac, and I also tried to do it directly to the computer body at 3.5mm. But this was not a dac problem.
So, I did few test for fix this problem.

1. Install or Uninstall Topping Driver.
- 7.1 does not play at all when the Topping driver is installed. Even if you connect directly to your computer without using a topping dac.
And once you delete the driver, it says 7.1. It's weird, like the one I wrote at the top

2. sfc /scannow on Windows CMD shell
- Doesn't work.

3. I tried EFX, GFX, and MFX among APO's options.
- EFX only work for me. But VBcable need to GFX. So headphone-EFX / VBcable-GFX
And even if i unify this to GFX the same way anyway, that problem has not been solved.

4. Reinstall Equalizer APO (Version 1.2.1 , 1.3.0)
- Not solved.

5. Reinstall Hesuvi , VBcable
- Not solved.

6. Try other programs for Virtual 7.1 (VBhifi+AsioBridge / AudioReapeater)
- Not solved. Same issue.

7. Try deleting problematic programs in turn (e.g., minidsp's dsp program that is not currently in use).
- Not solved................

Now there's nothing I can do about reinstalling Windows OS into a completely different build. I think I've done almost everything. I've reinstalled it nearly 100 times in a few weeks.

If 7.1 doesn't work at all, it makes sense, why would the center be placed behind? It's really weird............
Does anyone have experience like this or can help? (Window10 OS 22h2 19045.3516build)

Also, I don't know if this is related, but this error occurred when I tried audio repeater-KS.

1.png

Could this be what my twisted audio system means?

Sounds ok to me the front channel didnt sound like its behind but in my head not in front. Maybe try mine and see how that sounds to you its also 7.1

Attachments

• 1 morgin187 7.1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #1,668 of 1,817
Also whats made a huge difference to my surround sound is using dolby atmos for headphones for the device vb cable is listening to in windows settings, be sure to set the sample rate to 2 channel, 24 bit 48000 Hz. keep vbcale as default for sound though. I think it should work with windows sonic too if you haven't bought dolby atmos.

Attachments

• 4 Untitled.png
    4 Untitled.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3 Untitled.png
    3 Untitled.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2 Untitled.png
    2 Untitled.png
    153.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,669 of 1,817
Sounds ok to me the front channel didnt sound like its behind but in my head not in front. Maybe try mine and see how that sounds to you its also 7.1
Thank you for sharing your file. Even your file can be heard from the back of your head on my computer.
I have no idea what this is about. It works on other family PC that I don't use. =(

Is it Ryzen CPU's problem? There were often people who found that the sound of the surrounding (especially the center) was overturned when they looked for related issues on Microsoft forums, but there was no solution to that.

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #1,672 of 1,817
Also whats made a huge difference to my surround sound is using dolby atmos for headphones for the device vb cable is listening to in windows settings, be sure to set the sample rate to 2 channel, 24 bit 48000 Hz. keep vbcale as default for sound though. I think it should work with windows sonic too if you haven't bought dolby atmos.

You use dolby atmos for headphones as alternative to your measurement ?

Oct 7, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,674 of 1,817
OMG. I've reinstalled Windows OS and I can still hear the center from behind. I'm going crazy. lol =)
When I went to a computer store I knew yesterday and tested Hesby+7.1 on several computers, it wasn't even a CPU or OS issue.

Intel cpu window11 - not working
ryzen window11 - work
ryzen laptop window10 - not work

Funny thing is My cpu is Ryzen... Now I don't know where to find a solution to the problem. I did everything I could.
Is it a sign of God to only listen to stereo without listening to 7.1? Stereo works so well.

Oct 7, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #1,675 of 1,817
OMG. I've reinstalled Windows OS and I can still hear the center from behind. I'm going crazy. lol =)
When I went to a computer store I knew yesterday and tested Hesby+7.1 on several computers, it wasn't even a CPU or OS issue.

Intel cpu window11 - not working
ryzen window11 - work
ryzen laptop window10 - not work

Funny thing is My cpu is Ryzen... Now I don't know where to find a solution to the problem. I did everything I could.
Is it a sign of God to only listen to stereo without listening to 7.1? Stereo works so well.
It could be visuals affecting your perception of the sound instead of anything technical. If what you hear doesn't match what you see, your brain gets confused and one possible outcome could be that you hear the center coming from behind you. Brains tend to default sounds being perceived coming from rear if they can't figure out what is it in front of you that makes the sound.

If mono tracks sound fine to you in stereo, then you could replace center channel in the HRIR file with phantom center. FL-left plus FR-left makes C-left and FL-right plus FR-right make C-right. I imagine this is possible in Audacity.

Oct 7, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #1,676 of 1,817
You can also put a cardboard box in front of you and draw speaker drivers on it and then listen to it the center channel. This might trick your brains into thinking the sound comes from the "speaker" and so make it sound like it's coming from in front of you.

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #1,677 of 1,817
It could be visuals affecting your perception of the sound instead of anything technical. If what you hear doesn't match what you see, your brain gets confused and one possible outcome could be that you hear the center coming from behind you. Brains tend to default sounds being perceived coming from rear if they can't figure out what is it in front of you that makes the sound.

If mono tracks sound fine to you in stereo, then you could replace center channel in the HRIR file with phantom center. FL-left plus FR-left makes C-left and FL-right plus FR-right make C-right. I imagine this is possible in Audacity.
Thanks for suggestion. But it's a technical problem because some of the other computers we tested worked correctly. It's not a matter of my perception...
Something is working incorrectly in the process of setting and spraying 7.1 on Windows 10. Even in the Microsoft forum, I've seen very few people report cases where the center is placed behind like this (not as it sounds from behind, but actually mismapping) or where the sides and rear change, but they all seemed to have decided to just give up 7.1.

Oct 7, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #1,678 of 1,817
Thanks for suggestion. But it's a technical problem because some of the other computers we tested worked correctly. It's not a matter of my perception...
Something is working incorrectly in the process of setting and spraying 7.1 on Windows 10. Even in the Microsoft forum, I've seen very few people report cases where the center is placed behind like this (not as it sounds from behind, but actually mismapping) or where the sides and rear change, but they all seemed to have decided to just give up 7.1.
Are you testing with the other computers at exactly the same spot and looking at exactly the same thing? Different spot and view will give your brains different cues for localizing the sounds.

If you measured 7 channels, then the HRIR doesn't contain a source that's directly behind you. There's no technical glitch that creates the virtual source that doesn't exist.

Oct 7, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #1,679 of 1,817
Are you testing with the other computers at exactly the same spot and looking at exactly the same thing? Different spot and view will give your brains different cues for localizing the sounds.

If you measured 7 channels, then the HRIR doesn't contain a source that's directly behind you. There's no technical glitch that creates the virtual source that doesn't exist.
Yes, it's not an impulcifier problem. a problem with my windows.(Or motherboard? CPU? I don't know)
It works well on other PCs that work.
I think a lot of people are talking about the perceptions.
I've heard all the surroundings work at the correct angle on other PCs with my files, and on this PC I'm using now, I feel like there's something wrong with deploying surround signals on Windows 10. It's not that I don't hear it like it's in front of me, but I can literally hear the movie star's saying behind my back.
You can't imagine, can you? This is all I can explain. I don't understand. Why this happens......... =(
What's even stranger is that I went to a friend of mine who runs a computer store and tested it on some of the newly created PCs, where the surround was properly angled, and there was a PC that sounded behind my back like I experienced on my PC.
I just don't get it. -(

Oct 7, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #1,680 of 1,817
Unless the center is really mixed into the side or rear channels and creates a phantom center. To check this I suggest to try your hrir without HeSuVi. I attached your hrir with a different channel configuration and a txt file that you can include in EQ-APO configuration editor and that does the convolution. You just have to put the wav file and the txt file in the config folder of EQ-APO adjust the folder path in the txt file and deactivate the Hesuvi entry in the EQ-APO configuration editor.

The trick is, that I included a line that mutes all rear output channels. This way you would hear nothing if the center channel is mixed into the rear channels.

Attachments

• files.zip
    701.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back