Recommended Portable Amp
Sep 26, 2001 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Odin

100+ Head-Fier
I'm currently digging for a portable amp for my CD player as well as my upcoming MP3 player. So any suggestions would be great for both devices. And when I say portable, I MEAN portable, not like what they say in headroom (how can they say that Supreme is portable
eek.gif
)

Sep 26, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 11
Talk to JMT....that's my final answer!

Seriously - courteous and kind, JMT is the ultimate DBSE amp creator - and he'll give you an amp made just for you, too!

Do it now.

Sep 26, 2001 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 11
From personal experience: i had erix build me a portable cmoy... haven't had a single problem and it sounds great.

(don't mean to be "anti-jmt" or anything.. just giving out some options!)

Sep 26, 2001 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 11
Contact him for pricing info - but to be VERY vague, and only somewhat helpful: his prices are competitive - no rip-offs here.....

Sep 28, 2001 at 1:17 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

But I can get both of them and return one of them, I have to decide, it's time for a pole, JMT VS Erix

Odin, I think you're missing the point here. These are just guys who do this because they enjoy DIY, and perform a wonderful service for the headphone community in the process. To try and determine which one is somehow "better" would not serve this community in any way, shape, or form. I definitely do not think a poll is a good idea. If I were either JMT or erix, I might have a hard time building you an amp after seeing your post.

Sep 28, 2001 at 7:27 PM Post #11 of 11
Don't worry about it Odin, its understandable you'd want a comparison as the whole point of this board is to compare parts so you can obtain the best sound quality. But it would be pretty bad ettiquette to pit to members against each other like that. Maybe a better solution is just to ask people to send you a private message on how they like their amp built by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back