recommended player with line out and bluetooth output, support for microSD?
Nov 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

brok

New Head-Fier
I'm on the market looking to buy an MP3 player with very good sound quality and specific features: it has to have line out output, support bluetooth streaming and take microSD cards. I think ibasso DX100 would probably fit the bill, but it costs about twice as much as I'm willing to spend. Also I have a distaste for touch screen interface and button-operated volume which is why DX50 is off menu.

I'm going to use it in a variety of environments - attached to headphone amplifier when it's at hand, driving headphones directly (32ohm, but I'm thinking of replacing those with high impedance ones) when commuting and, if I want to share the music, streamed through bluetooth jambox.

Ideas?

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 9
Is Bluetooth a deal breaker?

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 9
Hisoundaudio Studio V springs to mind.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 9
Hisoundaudio Studio V springs to mind.

Thank you, that's not bad advice. I can live with volume buttons (seems to be standard now) and the price is not too bad. I do wonder, will it be able to drive my valve headphone amplifier? That's why I'd prefer something with line out. On the other hand, line in, in a player, seems totally unnecessary. I must admit I like the size in hand of this thing, ascetic screen and (claimed) battery live.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #6 of 9
The headphone on max volume does sound like a good line out to me and is designed to be used as such.
It is Very powerful, and I think can drive anything, I have used into my valve X-can with great success

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 9
Dec 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 9
  I'm looking in the general direction of IHIFI-812V2 , reviewed at http://www.head-fi.org/t/633258/review-ihifi-812-v2-portable-player-an-interesting-budget-high-end-portable and it seems to match my requirements very well (as said above, Bluetooth I can live without). The price is nice, too.

EDIT: actually IHIFI-960 (reviewed here http://www.head-fi.org/t/647503/review-ihifi960-portable-dap-and-transport ) looks better and is only little bit more expensive. Very tempted!

I had never seen the iHiFi products before, but the 960 looks interesting.  I'm a little worried about the size however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back