Recommended amp for Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250‎Ω
May 4, 2017 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Prayuj

New Head-Fier
Hey there, greetings from India! I have just purchased the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250‎Ω and so far I'm loving it. It's paired up with my Focusrite Scarlett Solo which seems to be good enough to power the headphones. But I'm looking at getting a dedicated amp or amp/DAC. My budet is around $150-$200 but preferably around $150.

Selection of headphone amps are very limited here. Only the Schiit Magni 2 Uber is available and it's quite pricey. In fact, it's sold out.
So I'd like some recommendations on a good headphone amp/DAC. As I live in India a lot of amps are not readily available so it's a little difficult to acquire such as the Little Dot MKII.

I do not need it to be portable. It's to be used at my desk.

May 4, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi Prayuj
My friend he uses A1 for all DT series, but that's way beyond your budget. Maybe a used a20 is what might attracts your eye? There are also lots of custom amps available for DT 250ohms but might not be available to you.
I personally use a portable dac+amp combo for my dt770 80ohms, which sounds pretty good. You may also look into some used portable amps like Govibe Sharps, sr71 or rxmk3.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi Prayuj
My friend he uses A1 for all DT series, but that's way beyond your budget. Maybe a used a20 is what might attracts your eye? There are also lots of custom amps available for DT 250ohms but might not be available to you.
I personally use a portable dac+amp combo for my dt770 80ohms, which sounds pretty good. You may also look into some used portable amps like Govibe Sharps, sr71 or rxmk3.
There is no used a20 anywhere and the amps you listed are pretty much non existent here. That's what I meant when I said the selection is limited here Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back