Recommendations: small budget AMP/DAC set up for HE-300/SRH-840
Feb 27, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #16 of 18
Actually, I listened to it and I wrote that I didn't know because I haven't tried Magni with 600 ohms. I have more experience with O2 in this regard, which is why I could recommend it with confidence. It's also why I bothered to ask, though I got no informed answer.

Listening is the only sure way to learn about the machines you're trying to discuss. Thinking and reading are no substitute for an activity that is experiential. You tried to do this on paper, but the test is in your actual experience. Otherwise, you could be talking about something you've worked out in your head--however carefully--that might be inaccurate in relation to the world. This often happens in science.

As to your insulting manner, it doesn't make you look good. Here endeth the lesson.

My intent wasn't to be insulting so I apologize about that but the wording in your post was basically:
"I don't know about the Magni so get the O2"

Which is a dangerous way to make a recommendation and that was the part I had a problem with. I answered your question about the Magni after with both some data. Now let's get back on topic :)
**fixed some typos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back