recommendations for this kind of female vocalist?
Apr 13, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 19
thanks, i'll check them out.

any more?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_eat_bread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
silky
destitute, absolutely destitute and unmerciful in this respect
impassioned

jorane has a few songs which i really like that somewhat fits this bill.

my oh my i would like to hear something like that, at first i thought someone had dug up an old dating singles advert i posted
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 19
Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval, Regina Spektor is often upbeat, but listen to Soviet Kitsch, especially "Somedays" -- quite bleak. Mum, especially "Finally, We Are No One." Early Garbage if you want to go a little more mainstream. Autour de Lucie; Hunt down the songs "Noyes Dans la Masse" and "Je Reviens", in particular. Cyann and Ben, Fiona Apple's sort of a no-brainer, Hooverphonic, Sade, Keren Ann, Lush definitely, especially their later work, PJ Harvey, early Goldfrapp (Felt Mountain and her collaborations).

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Altoids /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mazzy Star, Hope Sandoval, Regina Spektor is often upbeat, but listen to Soviet Kitsch, especially "Somedays" -- quite bleak. Mum, especially "Finally, We Are No One." Early Garbage if you want to go a little more mainstream. Autour de Lucie; Hunt down the songs "Noyes Dans la Masse" and "Je Reviens", in particular. Cyann and Ben, Fiona Apple's sort of a no-brainer, Hooverphonic, Sade, Keren Ann, Lush definitely, especially their later work, PJ Harvey, early Goldfrapp (Felt Mountain and her collaborations).

x2 @ sade, her love deluxe album is a great album, ty for the other suggestions too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back