Recommendations for some inexpensive Over-the-Ear Open-Air Heaadphones?
May 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

a2q2

New Head-Fier
newbie here, spent a lot of hours reading the forum for the past few days to try spot my next pair of headphones ($25-$50 range) to replace the very comfy Senn HD428 that I found a bit too flat when listening to pop/radio/tv/movie.  

My preferences go to the full-size over-the-ear circumaural kind that fully cover the ears without compression b/c the on-ear ones that I tried before just give me unbearable headaches from the clamping after an hour or so of wearing, otherwise I'd be very tempted to get the new on-ear JVC carbon nanotube HA-S400/S500 that got rave reviews based on the 400+ thread(s).  

I read and found that the JVC HA-RX700/900 are also good HP in that price range but these are closed and produce quite some heat and sweat after an hour or so of listening.  

I also looked at the new JVC HA-S600 but these seem to be also closed but have not heard any heat issues feedback from the owners on this forum so not quite too sure.  

How about the Audio Technica ATH-M30/M35/M40 or the slightly more expensive Sony V6 ($55 on sale @ amazon) that fall into the same price range (but all are closed aren't they)?  Any other recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back