Recommendations for new IEMs
Jul 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Exesteils

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to this audiophile scene so bear with me.

I've owned a pair of TF10s (with Arete cables) for awhile now. I really love them as a whole, but recent times has seen some fault with the cables and I'm now left waiting for a replacement without a date.

What I want to ask are recommendations for a new pair of IEMs with a similar sound signature as the TF10s (maybe with less recessed mids?). Anything below $250 is fine.

Currently I'm looking at Vsonic GR07 and Yamaha EPH100SL. Are they any good?

Any assistance is much appreciated. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 6
They do sound very promising! The price is also surprisingly low when they get compared to more expensive IEMs like the UM3X and SE535, which costs considerably more. Though the lacking lows seem to worry me, as I do love a good bass response. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 6
Try the Philips Fidelio S1 or S2. Also, try checking out the Klipsch s4 or S5 and try checking out the Sony XBA-20

Was considering the XBA30, but many agreed that the GR07 BE comes out on top. Those Fidelio S2 look very good and I've read nothing but positive reviews about them.

Those are my 2 final choices. I am hoping that someone who has already heard both could give input on what each does best. Again, I love sparkling/powerful vocals with a good amount of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back