Recommendations for IEM's and Portables for Classical
Dec 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Alarickc

Head-Fier
Hi all! I'm completely new to the world of high-quality audio and am getting excited about getting some IEM's or portable headphones for my  ipod 5g and my laptop. I listen mostly to a wide range of classical and some jazz and was hoping  that some more experienced members might be able to recommend some options in the $300 range. I'm already looking at the Beyerdynamic t50p and was wondering about the other options out there. I also plan on purchasing a u-Dac2 for my laptop in the near future. Thanks for any advice!   

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 3
Well, the T50P are very good for classical.  I let my Aunt, who is a piano teacher listen to all of my headphones (which included the the Ortofon O-One and MS1i) she said the best sounding one, to her, was the T50P.  She was listening to Rachmaninov.  O-Ones are good as well but the treble is very forward, but it had excellent detail, it just wasn't as smooth sounding as the T50P.  For IEM, since all I have are neutal IEMS, the RE252 would be my choice, even the RE-Zero sound decent while RE0 would be slightly behind the RE252, I just prefer the sound of the RE252.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the recommendations! I plan on heading down to 32ohm to listen to the t50p's and am looking forward to it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back