Recommendations for good analog EQs?
Feb 6, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
There's a level of order to complexity.

Touché. This statement closely describes what I had tried to state in the past.

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #32 of 35
well remember that this is a tube buffered stage so will definitely have an impact on the sound of the signal. it was designed to give the tube sound to recordings on demand. fantastic unit, i'd love to have one, in the signal chain of my dj setup mmm.

parametric eq's = <3

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
well remember that this is a tube buffered stage so will definitely have an impact on the sound of the signal.

True, but since when do transistors have none?

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
well remember that this is a tube buffered stage so will definitely have an impact on the sound of the signal. it was designed to give the tube sound to recordings on demand. fantastic unit, i'd love to have one, in the signal chain of my dj setup mmm.

Yeah, the behringer tube eq is primarily intended for post-production work but apparently the tube warmth can be adjusted up to a point where it sounds more or less neutral with just a hint of coloration. And since it uses commonly-available 12AX tubes, it shouldn't be hard to find some fairly neutral tubes. And as JaZZ said, I wouldn't be surprised if SS eqs in this price range won't also introduce certain colorations associated with SS gear. Anyway, I'll have to hear for myself and will report back.

Feb 7, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
True, but since when do transistors have none?

well when a piece of kit is specifically designed to give specifically "add tube warmth" its more then likely going to be more pronounced then an ordinary piece of kit. ive found the unit to be quite warm all round, but that was in an unfamiliar environment with reproduction gear i havent used, and only for a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back