Recommendation on $100 Earbuds
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

snowman4839

New Head-Fier
I listen to my music s probably 4-6 hours a day every day. I've been getting a lot of good mileage out of my Sony MDR-XB41EXs. Those have been the best earbuds I've ever had. All I've had before that were 5 or 6 pairs of $20 skullcandys (which was my previous best) and ipod earbuds.

I recently got about $100 to spend on a better pair. I mostly listen to rap and metal so I like bass and vocals especially. I'm not really up to speed on the headphone brands and I don't know exactly how you can compare them besides testing them out.

Can you guys give me a couple recommendations on the best earbuds for $100 and, if you're so inclined, why and what is good about them?

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 4
For Massive Low Frequencies that have a great soundstage and doesnt muddle out the mids and the highs. Try the Klipsch s4.

For open back IEM's, one of the best is the Philips Fidelio S1 and\or s2.

I'm not really an expert when it comes to IEM's, but these are my suggestions. I'm mostly skilled in Headphones.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #3 of 4
I just want to make sure whatever I get is an upgrade from my mdr-xb41ex's. How can you compare headphones without taking someone's opinion or just listening to them? What specs are important?

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I just want to make sure whatever I get is an upgrade from my mdr-xb41ex's. How can you compare headphones without taking someone's opinion or just listening to them? What specs are important?

To me, IEM's and Headphones are pretty much the same. Only difference is that IEM's go inside your ear and provide better isolation, and Headphones usually have better bass response and have better seperation detail and soundstage.

Specs aint really that important. I know how to read specs on headphones and i dont really care much about them.

The main factor on both is the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back