Recommendation for closed back headphone on the move
Feb 9, 2011 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dcph

New Head-Fier
I do a fair bit of travelling and listen to a wide range of music, including vocals, classical and rocks that I ripped and saved as ALAC in my iPod Classic.  Depending on circumstances, I switch between my Westone 3 and my Ultrasone Pro 900 plugged into my Ray Samuels Predator to which the iPod is connected.  

I have just placed an order for the SR71B from Ray Samuels and also the AlgoRhythm Solo from Cyber Labs.  I now plan to acquire another headphone and although I will be using it while travelling, size is not an issue.  I have read and would like to get the Audeze LCD-2 fitted with the appropriate balanced connector for the SR71B but understand this is an open back design.  Since I intend to use the new headphone while travelling, I will have to rule out the Audeze LCD-2 as I like a headphone with better insulation and also do not like others to easily hear what I am listening to.  As such, it looks like I will be limited to closed back design just like my Ultrasone Pro 900.  

Other headphones I have considered include the Ultrasone Edition 8 and the Beyerdynamic T5P but their cables are not easily replaced.  Are there any better choices?  I am not looking for IEMs.  I shall appreciate feedbacks from fellow head-fiers who share the same experiences.

Thanks in advance for sharing.
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back