Recommendation: DAP to Modi 3? Music Transport?
Oct 30, 2018 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
If my work laptop doesn't have enough space for my flac files, what options do I have to bring music to work where I have a Modi 3/Magni 3? Maybe a DAP with a coaxial or optical line out? I'd prefer under $200, but could go higher.

Also interested if anyone has experience with other music transport options, such as a portable hard drive with Foobar, etc.

Thanks!

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 5
If my work laptop doesn't have enough space for my flac files, what options do I have to bring music to work where I have a Modi 3/Magni 3? Maybe a DAP with a coaxial or optical line out? I'd prefer under $200, but could go higher.

Also interested if anyone has experience with other music transport options, such as a portable hard drive with Foobar, etc.

Thanks!
As my computer has limited storage space, I just copy my lossless files to an large SD card that I carry along with my computer and when I want music, I just pop the card in and listen via USB to my Grace M9XX. Sounds as good to me as my desktop gear.

Oct 30, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 5
HiBy R3 is a cheap chioce and sounds pretty good. Does Usb transport and coaxial with a 3.5mm to rca cable also does Airplay and DLNA and supports up to 2 TB cards.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 5
No it doesn’t come with the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back