recommend me a webhost
Mar 28, 2007 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
My current host service has expired and I'm looking for a new one. I've been to many review websites already but more feedback is always appreciated.

I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest but something reliable and is non bogged down because it's oversold.

I'd need some mysql/php capabilities to run things like a blog and photo gallery.

Thanks.

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 11
I'm currently using DreamHost, and they seem to be extremely good. Plus if you look around their forums you can get around $97 off of the first year price, or some other deal. They have a lot of features and the space and bandwidth increases weekly, and their prices are pretty good. If you do decide to check them out use this link to help support me:

http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?197208

Hope this helps
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 11
Here's a second for dreamhost. I originally went with another host because I read reviews of them being "oversold" and whatnot, but after working on a site for a couple of friends of mine that was hosted there, I ended up being quite impressed with their hosting. I switched my hosting there shortly after. A few of the neat features that aren't usually run of the mill that I really liked where the no-cost SSH access and the ability to host CVS/SVN repos. Add that to their incredibly cheap pricing and it's a great deal. So far, I haven't noticed any downtime on any of my sites hosted there. I couldn't be happier.

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 11
I'm hosted by Brinkster. They're introducing new features regularly, and have nice free offers sometimes (I signed up and got 3 free domains for life). The user panel and settings is non-cluttered like a lot of other hosts.

Mar 29, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #8 of 11
I actually have some stuff on Lunarpages and Dreamhost already and they're not quite "there". LP has always had some email issues and dreamhost has had some issues on 2 sites in the past few weeks. I'm wondering if there's better.

Mar 29, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #9 of 11
I would like to add about 1&1 that for $60 a year, you get 2 free domain names, and 120GB of space. for $30 a year you get 1 free domain and 10GB of space. good deal if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back