recommend a desktop stand
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

urbino

100+ Head-Fier
What's the consensus on headphone stands, if any?  If not, are there specific models best avoided?

I'm looking for stands to hold probably 3 sets of cans on my desktop.  My desktop is bigger than some, at 72" long, but I'm still somewhat limited on space, so a small footprint would be nice.  OTOH, I don't want something that just hangs them from a peg or a narrow platform with square edges.

I like the look of the Omega-style stands, but frankly don't want to pay for Sievekings and wonder about the quality of other brands that I see on Amazon.  

The other one I have my eye on at the moment is the Woo Audio two-can stand.  Probably 2 of them.

What other options would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 18
Build one.

You get exactly what you need for a fraction of the cost and can make it exactly how you want it.

There's a whole thread here devoted to DIY stands:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 18
Thanks, zoo.  Some interesting ideas in there.

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 18
Thanks, Groovy.  That's still what I'm leaning toward.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #7 of 18
Just an FYI if you are thinking about buying any new headphones, if you buy them from woo depending of the price of the headphones they throw in a stand.. on some even that dual stand is a no cost option.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 18
That's a piece of useful knowledge, is what that is, because I am indeed thinking about buying another set of cans.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 18
Welp, Woo Audio stands it is.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 18
  You will like the Woo Audio stand, be warned owning it will make you want to buy new cans to put on it. But then so will reading anything at Head-Fi.

Heh.  And I ordered 2 doubles (in silver).

OTOH, I'm ordering them because I already have cans with no place to hang, so there won't be any vacancies tempting me to fill them with new cans. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #13 of 18
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 18
If you need any other off desk hangers my favorites are Brainwavz Hengja and Truss, both metal and the best for the money. I have used all cheap plastic and expensive plastic and these two are the best. When I used the Truss I did drill holes when I mounted it under a shelf over my old desk. Bottom line is these are metal and less than $15.00 each.

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #15 of 18
They look sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back