Recommend 2.0 PC Speakers with Good Headphone Out
Jun 23, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 10
Maybe a set of Home theater bookshelf speakers and a external amplifier for the speakers.
Grab a seperate headphones amp for your cans when you need it.

This is probably the best way to go, with sound quality and upgradability in mind.

Jun 23, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #5 of 10
Well the first thing that comes into my mind is my Sony BB-1000's Book shelf speakers which cost 39 dollars on ebay and 49 at amazon. Then the Qinpu Q1 amp which is 49 at head-direct but the shipping is 20 dollars.

And the qinpu Q1 amp has a line out/headphone out.Besides banana plug/speakear wire.

But you could grab some Logitech 2.0 speakers and call it a day if your just looking for something thats enough for this other person if it isnt for you.

Jun 23, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 10
Your best bet would likely be to get a halfway decent and inexpensive receiver and hook up some decent passive speakers. I don't believe you will find many 2.0 PC speakers with that can drive headphones well. Also you could get some more inexpensive 2.0 speakers and get an inexpensive headphone amp/DAC to run out of the sound card's/IO port's headphone jack.

Jun 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I have a Logitech 2.1 system with a headphone jack in one of the speakers. It works very well. The volume control on the speaker also controls the headphones. Actually you don't even have to turn on the speakers to listen. It works just as good as plugging the headphones directly into the sound card and gives you the amp you were talking about. I guess my set is about 10-15 years old. So at least they used to make exactly what you are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back