Recently got a set of these headphones
Dec 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MadMike

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry- thought I had posted this in the Martin Logan Mikros 90 thread!

I have been intrigued by these headphones for some time but it wasn't until I saw them on Newegg for $39.99 + free shipping that I decided to pull the trigger. Glad I did! They came in a fairly nice box with a decent carrying case. Not sure if they are covered in leather or pleather, but the headphones look pretty nice. Upon placing them on my head, I noticed they were quite tight, but not excessively so- I have the V-Moda M80s so I am use to on-ear headphones (though the M80s were never this tight). These headphones isolate very well and will be my go-to headphones for air travel. Honestly, I am a little puzzled as to why people complain that these headphone have no bass. I think their bass is more than adequate- it rumbles when the music calls for it and seems to blend well with the mid-range and the treble. The treble is a little "hot" relative to my M80s and my HD600s, both of which are known for being somewhat laid back in the treble region. The mid-range is nice, though not quite as good as the HD600s, especially through my Bottlehead Crack.

These complement my other headphones rather nicely. One area they excel is in detail retrieval- this is the most detailed headphone I have owned. However, the sound is not fatiguing- this is quite a feat by Martin Logan. The soundstage is not all that big, which is to be expected for a closed hp, however instrument placement is pretty good! Suffice it to say, I really like these headphones! My M80s have been getting less and less head time over the past couple of weeks. Now, they still leave my ears hurting after about an hour of listening but they are getting more comfortable. For $40 buck, an absolute steal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back