Recent experience buying headphones from komplett
Dec 30, 2018 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

UzKha

New Head-Fier
So over Black Friday, I found this really sweet deal on a sony mdr-z1r selling for 999 new on this Nordic electronic site, komplett. Ordered the amp from a different outlet that goes along with it. Received both only to find out on opening the phones leather box that it was empty. So now I am stuck with an expensive amp and no headphones. Anyone else experienced same or is aware of what kind of protection consumers are offered in such cases? Moreover, anyone aware of any good deal on an mdr-z1r here in Europe?

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 4
Just saw your thread now but exactly the same happened to me. I bought two pairs for Black Friday last year and one of them was empty as well. Luckily Komplett customer service were able to look at different scannings from when they received the package and when it was handed over to PostNord which was the final delivery company. From those scanning the weight of the package had changed.

So I got my money back but it was quite a shock, and a very bad situation where I was nervous if I was able to proof that I was telling the truth, because it sounds like something that just doesn’t happens.

However the outer carton box didn’t look as if it had been opened (if it was PostNord) - so my belief is that something from the Komplett warehouse removed the headphones and cables, or the place where they got their stock from. But I’m not sure.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 4
So over Black Friday, I found this really sweet deal on a sony mdr-z1r selling for 999 new on this Nordic electronic site, komplett. Ordered the amp from a different outlet that goes along with it. Received both only to find out on opening the phones leather box that it was empty. So now I am stuck with an expensive amp and no headphones. Anyone else experienced same or is aware of what kind of protection consumers are offered in such cases? Moreover, anyone aware of any good deal on an mdr-z1r here in Europe?
So in the meantime, have you filed for a refund? What was komplett's reaction?
Take some photos and maybe a friend of yours was present, who would testify that the box was empty?
I always have a witness present if I receive expensive merchandise. Damaged goods or empty boxes happen more often than you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back