Recabling q-jays
Jun 11, 2010 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

YGingras

New Head-Fier
My trusty q-jays, after a few years of very good service, have started glitching when I move the left cable.  I can see a small crack in the insulation so it's a no brainer to tell what the problem is:

http://ygingras.net/gal/l/misc/q-jays-cable-2.jpg

They are out of warranty and Jays tell me that they don't provide any recabling service.  Does anyone knows a place where I could have them fixed?

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 7
Not sure about re-cabling the Q-Jays but I'd just like to throw out there that you can have them re-shelled into customs for about $80+impressions cost. Not cheap but cheaper than buying a new set if you can't find anyone who has succeeded in re-cabling them before.

Jun 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
That's nice.  Where exactly can I have them re-shelled?  From Jays?

Unique Melody will cost a bit more, although their work is absolutely beautiful. I was referring to Fisher Hearing though.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 7
My q-JAYS recently developed a short at the base of the cable (not the extension). I've had problems with JAYS' cables in the past but it doesn't look like this will be covered under warranty as I got them used from a user here on Head-Fi last year. Is recabling at all a possibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back