Reasonably Priced, Small Equipment Stands (UK)? Do they exist?
Jan 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Willakan

1000+ Head-Fier
My magnificent pile of a Squeezebox Touch, DACMagic, Objective2 and K701s is now complete: I thought it would be relatively easy to find a small, multi-level stand, of dimensions such that one level will just about fit my DACMagic and the other level/s can fit my amp and Squeezebox. Upon searching I discovered two problems:

1) Stands are really, really big. I only need one about 20/25 cm wide and about the same depth-wise, with a couple of levels, which seems to be an incredibly tall order.
2) Stands are really,really expensive. I don't care about vibration isolation, I just want a reasonable looking stand which I can stand things on - why on earth would I pay £50 for one?

Assuming I don't want to DIY, are there any good options that people can suggest for containing my stuff?

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Ikea Lennart

Amp on top.

Cut out/sand the wire mesh on the second level for the Squeezebox.

DAC in 3rd level.

Headphone/cable storage on bottom level.

LOL.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 4
My only concern would be how robust that is, seeing that it is designed to hold paper.

EDIT: 5kg per draw, apparently! About 4 times the weight of my DACMagic - that seems pretty safe! And as it's self assembly, I could probably just omit the panels I don't need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back