RE262 vs. RE-Zero vs. Sunrise SW-Xcape v1 for Rock/Metal
Apr 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bisayaboi

500+ Head-Fier
What I'm really curious about the is mids. Upper mids in particular which is where the electric guitar lies. Which of these three is the most forward in this category? I want my rock to be very guitar-centric.

Or out of these three which do you find better for rock? 

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 5
RE-Zero has it's upper mids the most forward of the three. The RE262 has the lower mids specially forward while the Xcapes have the most laid back mids of the three. The RE-Zero's upper-mid forwardness is very apparent and makes certain instruments sound very nice on them, it's a good iem, just wish it had more bass body and dynamic range. The RE-Zero will surely put the guitars more upfront, though the RE262 can also do the same but it makes the vocals even more upfront. 

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
RE-Zero has it's upper mids the most forward of the three. The RE262 has the lower mids specially forward while the Xcapes have the most laid back mids of the three. The RE-Zero's upper-mid forwardness is very apparent and makes certain instruments sound very nice on them, it's a good iem, just wish it had more bass body and dynamic range. The RE-Zero will surely put the guitars more upfront, though the RE262 can also do the same but it makes the vocals even more upfront. 

Thanks for the response Inks. I was actually looking forward to a response from you. RE-Zero it is then and SM3 out the door for me.

By the way could you comment on the RE-Zero's harshness/sibilance? How does it fare there?

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 5
It does fare pretty well when it comes to sibilance. It's treble is actually really really nice, well extended and detailed without any harshness throughout, the only other dynamic (that i've heard) that's on par in it's treble is the FX700/Xcape and RE0 of course. Coming from the SM3, expect more natural cymbal crashes, clearer guitars and an airer presentation. It's timbre is also more natural and expect a tad more dynamics, but it's flaws are going to be in the bass and it's imaging won't be as great.   

Apr 18, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
It does fare pretty well when it comes to sibilance. It's treble is actually really really nice, well extended and detailed without any harshness throughout, the only other dynamic (that i've heard) that's on par in it's treble is the FX700/Xcape and RE0 of course. Coming from the SM3, expect more natural cymbal crashes, clearer guitars and an airer presentation. It's timbre is also more natural and expect a tad more dynamics, but it's flaws are going to be in the bass and it's imaging won't be as great.   

Sounds exactly like what I want thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back