RE0 broken in 8 months. I thought they had really rugged cables?
Jul 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chengbin

100+ Head-Fier
One of the reasons I bought my RE0 is because I was sick of my Shure breaking every 6 months, and I read that the RE0 v3 has a very nice PPE cable, with a right angled jack that's supposed to last much longer. So why with all these goodies, my RE0 still broke in 8 months? My right channel is gone, and if I fiddle with the jack, I'll get some intermittent sound, just like my Shure. How long has your RE0 lasted? I bought the RE0 because I thought this will last me a few years, so I'll save money. But if the RE0 breaks like this, the 1 year warranty will make me waste more money.

I heard from the RE-ZERO thread that if you use a extension cable, you can dramatically increase the life of your earphone because it puts much less stress on your earphone's jack and puts the stress on the extension cable, and you just replace the extension cable. Is that true? It makes sense. Anybody know a place that'll ship to Canada to buy a really short extension cord?

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
One of the reasons I bought my RE0 is because I was sick of my Shure breaking every 6 months, and I read that the RE0 v3 has a very nice PPE cable, with a right angled jack that's supposed to last much longer. So why with all these goodies, my RE0 still broke in 8 months? My right channel is gone, and if I fiddle with the jack, I'll get some intermittent sound, just like my Shure. How long has your RE0 lasted? I bought the RE0 because I thought this will last me a few years, so I'll save money. But if the RE0 breaks like this, the 1 year warranty will make me waste more money.

I heard from the RE-ZERO thread that if you use a extension cable, you can dramatically increase the life of your earphone because it puts much less stress on your earphone's jack and puts the stress on the extension cable, and you just replace the extension cable. Is that true? It makes sense. Anybody know a place that'll ship to Canada to buy a really short extension cord?

A lot of threads on here are of people complaining about durability, in fact that's one of the reasons I returned mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back