RE Equalizer app for Android
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jkjk123

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to share an equalizer app I recently tried.

For a while, I've been looking for a good equalizer app that offers more control than the standard options out there AND works with Spotify. Most of them have 5 frequency bands and thus limited control in sound modification.

I tried one or two 10 band equalizers out there, but I could not get them to work properly. Yesterday, I installed Re Equalizer, and to my surprise it actually works quite well with Spotify. There are some kinks to be worked out and the UI is not very good, but its definitely useable and works consistently. The app has a 10 band equalizer along with volume gain adjustment, along with some other options that I have not used too much. There is a "depth" option which is suppose to adjust deep bass frequencies. This, along with the 30 hz band (absent from most system equalizers), allowed me to finally EQ up the sub bass in my new Pinnacle PX (which, as many know and along with the P1, could use a bump). I was surprised that this app works well considering it only has about 1000 downloads. There is also a "monitoring" feature which shows the frequency curve of the audio being played at the moment.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this for anyone looking for a good system equalizer that does not require root. I know Viper4Android is the best option, but as someone with a Samsung S7 that likes to use the Samsung Pay feature (which may be difficult to get to work with root), I found this app to be the next best thing.

I hope more people try it out and submit feedback to the developers to improve this app, as I definitely think it has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back