Re-cable for Etys (split from Apuresound complaint thread)
Aug 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

anoxy

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'd really like to recable my ER4B and it seems like APureSound is my best bet. Are there any alternatives or is Alex back in business? I sent him an e-mail through the website a few weeks ago but never got a response.

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 10
Is there a specific reason why you want APureScammer to recable them?
Quote:
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'd really like to recable my ER4B and it seems like APureSound is my best bet. Are there any alternatives or is Alex back in business? I sent him an e-mail through the website a few weeks ago but never got a response.

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 10
Well if you've got other similarly priced recommendations for an ER4B cable, I would gladly look elsewhere. However, I've read that APureScammer makes great cables for Etys, so naturally I gravitated towards his website. And the prices seem fairly reasonable. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4 of 10
I see. You can read the last four pages and decide for yourself if you want his cables or not. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Well if you've got other similarly priced recommendations for an ER4B cable, I would gladly look elsewhere. However, I've read that APureScammer makes great cables for Etys, so naturally I gravitated towards his website. And the prices seem fairly reasonable. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 10
I've now parted with $205 for a year and still see no cable in return. Also, Etymotic themselves offer better replacement cables these days I hear. I know where I'd be going.

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 10
Peter at Double Helix (scootermafia) is very professional and easy to work with, and offers a quick turnaround.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #9 of 10
I wouldn't bother with APS.  I was never able to get a response out of them about my broken Ety cable.  Check out this thread for an additional cable option.  You can buy a different connector (they have P, S, and B) and then use a Westone cable.  I ended up just sending in my ER4S to Etymotic and they put a new stock cable on.  If you have any interest in a highly discounted, broken APS cable, PM me.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #10 of 10
I actually already have the westone and shure adapters for my Etys. So I'm just looking for a good cable maker. Those whiplash cables seem awesome but the price is pretty steep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back