Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 16, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #2,207 of 6,977
I've been playing a Daedra (mainly because they have roots in Morrowind) Caster/Thief and it's fun to walk up behind something and blow it up with a giant 2 handed fireball.

Quote:
The only thing I would say is that pure casters are always pretty difficult to get going. But once you get through it you wreck people. Once I finish my 2 hander I think the next think I'll try is a pure caster

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #2,208 of 6,977
Quote:
That's pretty much how it is with a 2 handed character. One of my characters is a 2h Orc. Spells and Archery feel a little more balanced throughout than 2h weapons do.

Funny, my friend made this same exact transition from 2 handed in heavy armor to spells/archery.

Sigh, I was going to buy this same friend's PS3, 30+ top games and accessories (including RB2 drumkit) for $300 but just bought a Klipsch Custom 3  for $89 and need a portable amp for the severely under powered iPod 5.5g. Someday...

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #2,209 of 6,977
I wouldn't have Skyrim if I hadn't got it for free. I already had big plans audio wise in the form of an LF but I made a huge mistake yesterday and spent about an hour in a Magnolia room yesterday. Aka quality time with some B&W speakers. Now I want to recap my 2238 and get a pair...

Basically...forget video gMes next year.

Quote:
Quote:

Funny, my friend made this same exact transition from 2 handed in heavy armor to spells/archery.

Sigh, I was going to buy this same friend's PS3, 30+ top games and accessories (including RB2 drumkit) for $300 but just bought a Klipsch Custom 3  for $89 and need a portable amp for the severely under powered iPod 5.5g. Someday...

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #2,210 of 6,977
Just finished the main missions on Saints Row the Third plus some of the side stuff and clocked around 15 hours.  To revise my initial impressions, it may be a bit short but there is still tons of stuff to do that I wasn't aware about.  Also, the missions in general have such a polish to it that its hard to fault the game for lack of content.  Honestly between this and Skyrim, its hard to say which one I personally would pick as GOTY.  Heck I've already paid out the 20 bucks for the season pass for DLC which isn't even out yet since I liked it so much.

Picked up Assassins Creed Revelations today as well which I have yet to even open.  I probably won't break it out honestly for another couple weeks since I'm itching to get back to Skyrim and roam in Saints Row.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #2,212 of 6,977
The Ys series is very hit or miss. I'd try them on PSP if I were you. A few originals, a few remakes, and a few new games. I played a bit of the latest Ys on PSP (7?) and it was fun. 

All in all it's a fairly forgettable series, IMO.

Quote:
Anyone here ever heard of Ys? It's an odd RPG that no one really knows of but apparently is one of the best. I'm considering trying to pick up a copy of it and maybe finding a translated patch.
The music is what really is luring me in though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rt8nj9vn_Q
Perfect example. Violin spam for the win on the other soundtracks
k701smile.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #2,213 of 6,977

Quote:
Anyone here ever heard of Ys? It's an odd RPG that no one really knows of but apparently is one of the best. I'm considering trying to pick up a copy of it and maybe finding a translated patch.
The music is what really is luring me in though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rt8nj9vn_Q
Perfect example. Violin spam for the win on the other soundtracks
k701smile.gif

You can get Ys III ("Oath in Felghana") in the US on the PSP now. It is my favorite of the series and one of the very first console RPGs I ever played back in the days of the SNES. Most certainly not a forgettable series in my opinion! The PSP version is nice, because it lets you choose either the classic 16-bit-tastic music from the SNES or the newly updated score on the PSP.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #2,214 of 6,977
The PSP Y's games are decent, but are *heavily* focused on level grinding. It's often impossible to defeat a dungeon boss without killing everything in the locale numerous times over, and will get tedious unless you're hardcore old-school. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #2,215 of 6,977

Quote:
I'm also playing a two hander and I felt the same way for a while, but for me it just took discovering new strategies to deal with the harder characters. I've pretty much got it down pat now.

By the way I'm freaking loving the game. I can't get enough of it. 

Advanced a few levels now and ponied up my 2H and light armor skill abit more. Full elven armor and a eleven battleaxe. At level 14 things are balancing a bit now. The running power attack is badass lol, always 200% crit damage. I was going with warhammers at first due to highest damage but there are sloooooow, the battleaxe does decent damage and is still fast enough for my tastes and besides, they look the coolest of all weapons :).

Still in the middle about some perks, specially the power bash perk. I know it works with 2 handers but is it really usefull? I mean, i dont block a whole lot because the light armor lets me side/backstep enough and i just discovered bash this afternoon
redface.gif
. But then again, i have to take if i want to pony up my blocks...
And the weapon-related perk Limbsplitter(battleaxe), is the bleeding effect worth it? So far i'm keeping the the 2H tree universal, going for the power attack upgrades, sweep and warmaster. Saving points for other trees

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2,216 of 6,977

Quote:
Advanced a few levels now and ponied up my 2H and light armor skill abit more. Full elven armor and a eleven battleaxe. At level 14 things are balancing a bit now. The running power attack is badass lol, always 200% crit damage. I was going with warhammers at first due to highest damage but there are sloooooow, the battleaxe does decent damage and is still fast enough for my tastes and besides, they look the coolest of all weapons :).

Still in the middle about some perks, specially the power bash perk. I know it works with 2 handers but is it really usefull? I mean, i dont block a whole lot because the light armor lets me side/backstep enough and i just discovered bash this afternoon
redface.gif
. But then again, i have to take if i want to pony up my blocks...
And the weapon-related perk Limbsplitter(battleaxe), is the bleeding effect worth it? So far i'm keeping the the 2H tree universal, going for the power attack upgrades, sweep and warmaster. Saving points for other trees

im not sure, im running heavy armor and Great Swords...ive been doing the universal perks, but also the greatsword ones so who knows...

why do two handers and then light armor though?

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #2,218 of 6,977

Quote:
im not sure, im running heavy armor and Great Swords...ive been doing the universal perks, but also the greatsword ones so who knows...

why do two handers and then light armor though?

I was heavy in both morrowind and oblivion and nords started out with a bonus for light in Skyrim. The improved freedom of movement is also something i enjoy :)
Kinda like a old Berserks,

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #2,219 of 6,977
MW3: Boring, ugly graphics, nooby.  Basically Black Ops without a console or dedicated servers.  DO NOT BUY, OR AT LEAST BUY BF3 OR BC2 FIRST.

Rating: 4/10.  Utter waste of my hard earned money.

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #2,220 of 6,977
MW3: Boring, ugly graphics, nooby.  Basically Black Ops without a console or dedicated servers.  DO NOT BUY, OR AT LEAST BUY BF3 OR BC2 FIRST.

Rating: 4/10.  Utter waste of my hard earned money.

what you expect? all infinityward been doing is milking the series after the first MW. they don't care cause they're one of the highest earning company in the gaming industry. they been using the same engine after Call of Duty 2 for the 360. one thing also is they bash and no longer support the pc community since supposedly everyone is pirates and cheaters. they're just like every other modern gaming company nowadays. they all became greedy. forget quality of the game itself. lets just put all the money in marketing to make sales cause everyday consumer is stupid retards and don't know what quality is anymore and will buy anything they see on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back