Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 1, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #20,311 of 24,687
Mar 1, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #20,312 of 24,687

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #20,313 of 24,687
Coincidentally, I have a ticket for Chinatown tomorrow night (showing at the BFI) but I'm not going to be able to make it. Anyone in the London area is welcome to it 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #20,314 of 24,687
Coincidentally, I have a ticket for Chinatown tomorrow night (showing at the BFI) but I'm not going to be able to make it. Anyone in the London area is welcome to it :D

They are showing a print of the 1975 film! Amazing. I remember seeing an advertisement for Blade Runner a couple years ago. Legendary films deserve a re-show.

The end of Chinatown helped glue-down the term "Shocking 70's".

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #20,315 of 24,687
They are showing a print of the 1975 film! Amazing. I remember seeing an advertisement for Blade Runner a couple years ago. Legendary films deserve a re-show.

Yeah, that's their raison d'etre really. About 90% of what they show is from the archives - classics and restorations of obscure films that have slipped out of general circulation. A lot of the old films I review I've been to see on the big screen at the BFI.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #20,316 of 24,687
Yeah, that's their raison d'etre really. About 90% of what they show is from the archives - classics and restorations of obscure films that have slipped out of general circulation. A lot of the old films I review I've been to see on the big screen at the BFI.

. In the year 2019, ex-detective Rick Deckard is called out of retirement to track down and eliminate a team of humanoid androids that have escaped from an outer space mining colony and have taken refuge here on Earth. During his search for the fugitives, he discovers some disturbing secrets about the future plans of the androids' manufacturer, the Tyrell Corporation.

Hold tight.......... Just two more years till we live in the world of Blade Runner!

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #20,317 of 24,687

Yeah, not one of his best is it? Just dumb really, and not much fun. Zombie by numbers? I must confess, I didn't click what the 31 referred to till I was walking out of the theatre, my brain had been so numbed!

People rag on him as a director, but I think his Devil's Rejects is excellent. Zombie is going for a particular lense on reality (I think) as formed by his life growing up near a freak show. i think he is great at showing that freaks are on both sides of the story - the good guys and the bad guys.

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #20,318 of 24,687

Yeah, not one of his best is it? Just dumb really, and not much fun. Zombie by numbers? I must confess, I didn't click what the 31 referred to till I was walking out of the theatre, my brain had been so numbed!

People rag on him as a director, but I think his Devil's Rejects is excellent. Zombie is going for a particular lense on reality (I think) as formed by his life growing up near a freak show. i think he is great at showing that freaks are on both sides of the story - the good guys and the bad guys.

Yeah, I wasn't having a pop at him in general, just that 31 isn't very good; at least, I didn't think so.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #20,319 of 24,687
Rejects is special, and I can't even count how many times I have watched it. It has a mood that none of his other films seemed to hold. It is a needed change for him with his next project, and I will be happy to see what he DOES to Groucho.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #20,322 of 24,687
Some of you guys re-watch Rob Zombie films? :blink:

Ha!!

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FN-chIhcNM [/VIDEO]

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #20,323 of 24,687
The Man with No Past (Finnish Movie) with Eng Subtitles

8/10

The mix of a cold pace, and subtle warmth in characters was very nice.

And I enjoyed a few songs of Finnish alternative, one in particular was Paha Vaanii found in this album (song #2)

PC>x1>440.32 (for movie/album)

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #20,325 of 24,687
  Paprika: 10/10

It's a living organism of a movie. Twists and turns, and visuals to match. Definitely not for everyone, but those who like movies like "Inception" will like this movie.

Yes. Quite the head bender, score included:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back