Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 28, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #14,881 of 24,687
I think for sure if I see a huge maersk freight ship after being alone for 7 days. Thing is he doesn't show any real desperation either.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #14,882 of 24,687
I think for sure if I see a huge maersk freight ship after being alone for 7 days. Thing is he doesn't show any real desperation either.

Doesn't show any desperation? Are you sure we're talking about the same movie? lol

He lit his entire raft on fire to get the attention of the last boat! I don't know how much more desperate you can get lol

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #14,883 of 24,687

7/10

Was pretty good, had some throw away peices here and there but the characters were all interesting and the whole "look at the humanity!!" concept was decently done.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #14,884 of 24,687
Red 2 2013..........9

Prisoners 2013..........10
Last Vegas 2013........7
Carrie 2013......1
Filth 2013..........6
Escape Plan 2013.........6 on a scale of 1 to 10

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #14,886 of 24,687
Doesn't show any desperation? Are you sure we're talking about the same movie? lol

He lit his entire raft on fire to get the attention of the last boat! I don't know how much more desperate you can get lol

I am more talking about his limitations as an actor of course he is supposed to act desperate :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #14,887 of 24,687
I became interested in this one when I heard that Keanu Reeves directed it. It was visually interesting and I do enjoy this genre quite a bit, but I didn't come away thinking it was anything remarkable. I was entertained for the most part, just not jumping out of my seat. I also felt it was too straight forward and a bit predictable. 

"Man of Tai Chi" - 7.0/10

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #14,888 of 24,687

I think if you found yourself in a state of severe dehydration, you wouldn't be showing much enthusiasm either :wink:

I became interested in this one when I heard that Keanu Reeves directed it. It was visually interesting and I do enjoy this genre quite a bit, but I didn't come away thinking it was anything remarkable. I was entertained for the most part, just not jumping out of my seat. I also felt it was too straight forward and a bit predictable. 

"Man of Tai Chi" - 7.0/10

I can live with crappy story an prediactable fights... but the one thing I HATE is those magical Flying Fight scenes... I can accept 2 AT MOST, but less if more imo 

so if it has more than 2 FLYING DRAGON KICKS... them I'm not even going to finish it [the Ip Man movies did a nice job at using VERY little of what I consider to be that Flying Crap, as did Jet Lee's Fearless 

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #14,889 of 24,687

I can live with crappy story an prediactable fights... but the one thing I HATE is those magical Flying Fight scenes... I can accept 2 AT MOST, but less if more imo 

so if it has more than 2 FLYING DRAGON KICKS... them I'm not even going to finish it [the Ip Man movies did a nice job at using VERY little of what I consider to be that Flying Crap, as did Jet Lee's Fearless 

This is how you do those sort of movies!

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #14,890 of 24,687
Big Boys Goes bananas... Follow up to Bananas! About how Dole try all to prevent the previous mentioned movie from screening due to bad PR.

10/10 a must see.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #14,891 of 24,687

This is how you do those sort of movies!

I think I saw this 

Oh crap there is another one that was really good, ok nope there goes the flying thanks but no thanks 

there was another movie... about a Swordsman... it was really awesome... like a historical Samurai movie but very new and it... DARN I'm mad it's a popular title... and its imo super epic 

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #14,892 of 24,687
Hero perhaps?

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #14,893 of 24,687
The Counsellor (2013) 6.4/10

This one almost slipped by, haven't heard much good press for this film.
An examination in the perils of trying to sustain a high dollar lifestyle through dubious means.
If mostly just to watch the known actors play their parts along the obscure plot points, it could understandably be a film to loathe but I liked it.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #14,894 of 24,687
  I think I saw this 

Oh crap there is another one that was really good, ok nope there goes the flying thanks but no thanks 

there was another movie... about a Swordsman... it was really awesome... like a historical Samurai movie but very new and it... DARN I'm mad it's a popular title... and its imo super epic 

House of flying daggers or Zatoichi?

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #14,895 of 24,687
Psycho (1960) - 8.5
Rear Window (1954) - 8 (revaluation)
Vertigo (1958) - 9

North by Northwest (1959) - 8

A thriller revolving around a slightly eccentric and innocent advertising executive who is wrongly identified as a government secret agent (among other things throughout the movie) and eventually finds himself in epic imbroglio.
A silly movie, intentionally silly, very well done with a spice of lighthearted comedy with it's proper dose of intelligence.
I like this movie more than I would presume in light of it's apparently lighthearted premisse, mostly due to it's wonderfull cinematography (OH WHY?!! Why didn't Hitchcock shoot Vertigo like this? ARGGHHH!!!) and of course Hitchcock masterfull cinematic skills. At numerous moments of the film, Hitchcock really shows he knows how to move and place the camera like few others, like a genius. The famous cereal crop scene deserves all it's notoriety, I'll never forget it, I can only imagine how off guard people were caught by it when the film was release, fantastically accomplished.
Several others scenes got hardprinted in my memory just as well as Eva Marie Saint soothing eye magnet beauty!
Oh, how I would love to be the reckless Roger Thornhill myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back