Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 18, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #7,666 of 24,668
Dark City with Kiefer Sutherland?. Yes that was a very nice surprise. I loved the dark mood of it.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #7,670 of 24,668
Agree on Robin Hood.

Ridley Scott can make anything look good, but boy does he suck all the fun out of things.

Actually making Russell Crowe look bad??????? Twice. Gladiator wasn't really that interesting.

We can just thank out lucky stars that he didn't get Master and Commander. That would have been criminal.

To recharge my medievalism mojo, I treated myself to Sean Bean's Black Death.

Everything Robin Hood wasn't. (Including "heard of" :)  )

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #7,675 of 24,668

Quote:
Agree on Robin Hood.

Ridley Scott can make anything look good, but boy does he suck all the fun out of things.

Actually making Russell Crowe look bad??????? Twice. Gladiator wasn't really that interesting.

We can just thank out lucky stars that he didn't get Master and Commander. That would have been criminal.

To recharge my medievalism mojo, I treated myself to Sean Bean's Black Death.

Everything Robin Hood wasn't. (Including "heard of" :)  )

Gladiator wasn't really that interesting?!
blink.gif

Damn, it's not interesting, it's a masterpiece. Popular/commercial/Hollywood or not, it's a masterpiece in my book.

Didn't like Robin Hood and Master and Commander though.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #7,677 of 24,668
Well, I liked Kingdom of Heaven a lot less, it was a fun watch, but not nearly the masterpiece Gladiator is

Liked King Arthur also.

Although I wouldn't say Scott's THE best director ever, when he makes a movie, I'm interested, that's for sure. He f*cked up Robin Hood though. But in general, he makes very likable movies,

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #7,680 of 24,668
"The Fighter" [7.7/10]: The performances were great, no question that Christian Bale was amazing. Maybe I have a short attention span, but I seemed to know the story before I saw the story. It just didn't hold my interest. Somewhat overrated in my opinion. I enjoyed "Black Swan," "True Grit," "Social Network," "Inception," and "The King's Speech" a lot more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back