Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 28, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #15,391 of 24,645
  Need for Speed: 

8.5/10

The only reason this is not getting a 10 is because of the Mustang. I hate mustangs :)

If it were a Corvette or a Skyline i would've given it a 10 lol 

Really? This one is getting hammered by the critics...it does look like it's right up my alley, though. 

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #15,392 of 24,645
  Hahaha stupid Mustangs. Though I do not like Corvettes much either, but we have a couple of corvette clubs by where I live. I pretty much see a couple of corvettes every day in the summer, hell I have seen a few brand new 2014 ones driving around town in the winter already. Gets kinda annoying.

Anyways I gotta admit this movie looks horrible from the trailers I have seen, and the really really bad scene shown on a late night show. Too bad as I liked Aaron Paul in Breaking Bad, but I question if that will be his only amazing role.

I consider Corvettes to be much better than Mustangs. Even though I respect Carol Shelby (RIP), I still hated the cars he made (except for the AC Cobra 427) There's really no art in them. What i mean is that i feel they dont really work hard enough to make the car better. A couple of the Mustang's faults are its bad brakes that fade really fast, the chassis is too weak, and it still uses the rear live axle, and it handles like garbage!? Seriously, the Porsche 959 which was made in 1986 is more technologically advanced than this.

Never judge a movie from its trailer. Aaron Paul did excellent in this movie. I really enjoyed it and i think you will too.

Anyway, hope i didn't annoy you with my Mustang rant 
biggrin.gif

Really? This one is getting hammered by the critics...it does look like it's right up my alley, though. 

Just like every other good movie. I never trust critics and RottenTomatoes, they rate every movie negatively.. 

Mar 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #15,393 of 24,645
Babette's Feast (1987). 8.5/10. Wow. Just a great story - with a French feast thrown in there. See it.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008). 8/10. I'm glad I found this one. It was in a 2008 top ten list on criterionforum.org. Frances McDormand, Amy Adams, Mark STrong (Jim Prideaux in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy). What an ending.

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #15,394 of 24,645
Count of Monte Cristo - 10/10
Under appreciated by some people, but amazing story..characters and story-line. Masterfully made. 

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #15,396 of 24,645
American Hustle 8/10- Not sure if this deserved all the praise it got. It was a very good movie, and the acting was top notch. However the whole story did not come together as well as I expected to. It seem to kind of rely on the ending too much which felt kinda safe to me. Great movie, but just a little overrated imo. Maybe I went in with too high of expectations.

Gravity 4/10- As far as overrated movies goes this one takes the cake. The acting was nothing special. The back story was incredibly lame. There were a lot of horrible one liners "clear skies with a chance of satellite debris". I had no feelings for the characters what so ever, and I could care less if they all died. I question some of the physics behind certain scenes. The premise behind all of the havoc was incredibly lame (those damn Russians are never up to any good). The only thing this movie has going for it is how incredibly pretty it can be. That being said some objects do look far too CGI imo. I understand there are limits with CGI, but some things just looked poorly done. I honestly question how long this movie is going to look good. I have a feeling the CGI is going to look pretty dated in the future.

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #15,398 of 24,645
Noah - 6.5/10

It's OK and that's not a negative score to me. I liked it, but wished I had rented it instead.
It's kind of boring the first half and there is almost zero scenes of the actual animals and them actually building the ark. How lame..

Do you know how Noah actually built the ark with such few people? Well if you go see the movie you'll find out. Hint: Michael Bay

Wondering where all the money went..it costs 230 million for this? You've got to be kidding me. Did they hire all those animals and actually build a real ark?

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #15,399 of 24,645
Michael Bay is such a bad director. For sure not seeing it.

Last movie Jack the giant Slayer 3D. 3D makes it harder to rate movie due to the extra immersion it does bring so easy to overrate. But for what it´s I had great fun and seeing the badass Al Swearingen again was nice. Though he of course couldn´t play such a badass in this teen rated movie :D

7/10.

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #15,400 of 24,645
Before Sunrise (1995) and Before Sunset (2004): 9/10

Technically assured (some of these films' takes are absolutely mind-boggling when you stop to think about them), beautifully filmed, soulfully written, effortlessly acted, and overflowing with marvelous, tiny, perfect moments. (Celine and Jesse in the listening booth in the first film; Celine reaching out to touch Jesse in the car before withdrawing in the second.) Both rank among the best romance films of all time insofar as I'm concerned--I'm really looking forward to watching the new one (Before Midnight) soon.

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #15,401 of 24,645
The third remains consistent in terms of the authenticity and the qualities you identified above. Ive loved all three of these films and since the characters are very close to me in age I feel like I have lived vicariously through them along the way. But at the same time they also feel like friends that Ive known, too...its really interesting to me the way Ive connected with this story.

Anyway, glad to see them getting some love...let us know what you think of Midnight.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #15,404 of 24,645

1998 tv miniseries, or 2002 film?

Or 2004-2005 anime series? ^^ (My personal pick for best adaptation of The Count.)

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #15,405 of 24,645
Or 2004-2005 anime series? ^^ (My personal pick for best adaptation of The Count.)

It was very good. I feel like some people would find it hard to get past the unique art presentation, but if that isn't a barrier, x2 on highly recommended. Pacing was a bit uneven for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back