Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #15,106 of 24,647
American Hustle: 

3/10

The acting was excellent, but the story was really boring. I don't get why this movie is getting such good feedback on IMDB, its terrible to be honest. Its way too long and nothing really gets you excited. Hugely dissapointed. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #15,107 of 24,647
  Beauty and the Beast: 9.87/10

It's Valentines day!!! AND I'M SINGLE!!!! FFFUUUUUUU!!!! Well, I shouldn't complain... Anyways I want to celebrate lov... **** this... so, I pick a totally awesome good romantic movie. Therefore I chose Beauty and the Beast. Yes it's a kids film but it takes time to explore the romance between the two. A lot of films did it blandly, it isn't enough romantic., like other Disney stuff: Snow White, Sleeping Beauty... you get the idea. Talk about no romance, "Cough" "Cough" "Cough" "Cough" twilig... FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway its a good romantic movie (especially from a kid film) with Disney quality musical. Check it out with your headphones if your curious. 

If only you had not been so eager to zip through the Twilight films so fast, you could have had the PERFECT Valentines Day entertainment! 

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #15,108 of 24,647
Halfway through Canada Russia 72. As a movie perhaps not the best but hugely entertaining nevertheless. Just wish it had a better ending.

Feb 15, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #15,109 of 24,647
Watched Captian Philips Finally

7/10

ehhh not as good as what I wanted it to be, honestly. It could have been longer and I would have liked more charecter development. Muse was interesting, MUCH more so than Captian Philips, I was curious the entire movie about how Muse... got to where he is! He was more enjoyable to watch than Cpt Philips was :/

Still a good movie 

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #15,111 of 24,647
  Halfway through Canada Russia 72. As a movie perhaps not the best but hugely entertaining nevertheless. Just wish it had a better ending.

Movie completed. 10/10 in entertainment factor. 

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #15,112 of 24,647
Video games uses computer graphics, which also used by animation companies, such as Dreamworks. But these 3 Dreamworks film raped video games graphics.

Kung Fu Panda: 9.12/10

It's funny, action and slapstick packed, and full of true Chinese martial arts philosophy. I'm a Chinese and I'm impressed by the research on Chinese Culture. Dreamworks deserves a cookie, seriously.

Kung Fu Panda: 9.11/10

Just like Shek 2, it holds up with the first film in context, story and culture. But this time the amount of jokes in it kind of ruined my experience a little bit. Fortunately the heart-breaking moments done pretty good. More cookies for you.

Furthermore, the fur textures and the destruction animations. How come video games cannot make something like that

How to train your Dragon: 9.13/10

The story format is NOT new. Hiding your pets, Father and son relationship destroyed by pride and prestige, outcast turns into a hero... But it takes time to explore the conflict. WHY CAN'T MOST OF THE FILM DO THAT?? Anyways, the flying scenes are amazing (totally raped Top Gun and many flying games), and the dragon designs are cool but maybe a little bit kid friendly. Good film.

Next Round, Pixar rape video games graphics.

Btw can't wait for How to train your Dragon 2.

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #15,113 of 24,647
So Kung Fu panda is better then Kung Fu panda :)

As for CGI it´s quite a difference between rendering in real time or not. 

I don´t quite recall which movie it was if it was Ice Age or whatever where 30 second film took a hole day to render with silicon graphics  computer hardware... But things move fast but so does animation so perhaps it´s still as time consuming...

Another example the rendering of the pinball table Timeshock has taken months just for the flippers... Now that is perhaps nothing more then on a really powerful computer server but still.

Feb 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #15,114 of 24,647
Another animation rape video games time. This time it's Pixar.

Wall E: 9.25/10

Graphics is awesome!!! And the story is awesome!!! Although the second part is kind of emm... not powerful enough. Still it's a movie that more than entertains kids, adults, and robots.

Brave: 8.56/10

Pixar is sort of running out of ideas. They certainly doing the princess thing, but more powerful princess? I dunno. The story builds up from not a quite good foundation, but the climax is great. The jokes are decent (although a lot of naked jokes). The graphic is gorgeous. Everything is good. Definitely should check out.

One more thing. Pixar is more warm coloured in their film, so the colour is more to the artistic side. While, Dreamworks are more cold coloured, so their animation looks linear to realism. Pixar is more kids friendly, and Dreamworks is for older age kids. Both is good, both have bad films (Shark Tale and Cars 2). 

Anyways animation has better graphics than video games, and that's a must. Animation rendered for weeks to produce these effects and video games produce graphics in second). But video games will achieve the graphic levels in animation, and that's true (Toy story and the games we have). We just need to wait for that to happen.

I love my time to visit these films. They are as entertaining as human acting while giving a good messaged story. I hope better stuff will come out, and entertains me in a whole new level, in a professional sound system. Have a nice weekend.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #15,115 of 24,647
Lego Movie 9.5/10- Written very well, but I disliked the ending as it kind of removed me from the universe. The writing and voice acting was spot on for the most part. The story line was pretty basic, but it still knew how to keep you involved in the movie in other entertaining ways.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #15,116 of 24,647
Just finished watching two more movies...

All Is Lost 1/10- Horrid, I do not get how this movie has any positive reviews. Its Robert Redford stranded on a damn boat for nearly two hours. He says about 8 words through the entire movie. Its an try hard artistic movie. Being stranded out in sea has been done 10 million times already. On top of that I think some really unrealistic events that happen. Also the character through out the story has some seriously screwed up priorities. I do not know about you guys, but shaving would be probably one of my last priorities during a storm or making sure that I had all my storm gear on before sealing up vulnerable areas of my boat. I was so done with the movie by the time it reached the conclusion I started hysterically laughing. 

If you desperately need to watch a movie about being stranded out in sea watch Life of Pi. That movie is way way way better than this hunk of junk.

Riddick 7/10- I actually enjoyed Vin Diesels performance in this one, and I do not know exactly why. Maybe its a guilty pleasure of mine. The movie kind of laid off the standard action flick scenes a bit to make it more enjoyable. I also did not think it was that corny until the ending. I was really expecting a campy action film, but everything was dialed back to a respectable degree.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #15,117 of 24,647
I thought this one did a good job of examining the complexities of having displaced/loosely defined/conflicting loyalties. Given the subject matter it stayed surprisingly close to the surface, but a relatively well done film that held my interest throughout. 

"An Attack" - 8.2/10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a fan of the original when it came out in 1987. Thankfully this one wasn't a shot-for-shot remake (i.e. "money grab") like some other films that have been re-made over the last few years, and it did have some interesting elements, but overall I felt it fell short of the original. 

"Robocop" (2014) - 7.2/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully this one was a very pleasant surprise. Notting Hill is, in my opinion, the quintessential RomCom, so when I saw that it was the same guy who did that one and Love Actually, I was pretty interested. The fact that it had a time travel element piqued my interest even more, not to mention that my girl Rachel McAdams is one of my celebrity crushes :)  It was effective in getting me to connect in an emotional way and it offered a nice balance of humor and drama. Thumbs up here, for sure. 

"About Time" - 8.7/10

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #15,118 of 24,647
  Just finished watching two more movies...

All Is Lost 1/10- Horrid, I do not get how this movie has any positive reviews. Its Robert Redford stranded on a damn boat for nearly two hours. He says about 8 words through the entire movie. Its an try hard artistic movie. Being stranded out in sea has been done 10 million times already. On top of that I think some really unrealistic events that happen. Also the character through out the story has some seriously screwed up priorities. I do not know about you guys, but shaving would be probably one of my last priorities during a storm or making sure that I had all my storm gear on before sealing up vulnerable areas of my boat. I was so done with the movie by the time it reached the conclusion I started hysterically laughing. 

If you desperately need to watch a movie about being stranded out in sea watch Life of Pi. That movie is way way way better than this hunk of junk.

Riddick 7/10- I actually enjoyed Vin Diesels performance in this one, and I do not know exactly why. Maybe its a guilty pleasure of mine. The movie kind of laid off the standard action flick scenes a bit to make it more enjoyable. I also did not think it was that corny until the ending. I was really expecting a campy action film, but everything was dialed back to a respectable degree.

Life of Pi is a lot more realistic :D

I don´t think the concept been over done surely but I agree Redford is not good enough of an actor to hold up such a movie on his own. 1/10 I don´t quite understand at all though it´s a good movie that could have been a lot better though with another lead actor.
I suppose he is not supposed to be a professional sailor though but yes it´s annoying when they make the wrong decisions lol but it´s kind of easy to do all things right sitting by the sideline isn´t it.

As for Robocop I will give it a try. Joel Kinnaman I am not sure but if he don´t have to speak to much it may work out lol.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #15,119 of 24,647
Cars 2: 3.7/10

Cars is a decent film. It's got racing and cars... and some sportsmanship moments. In which, it's a good entertainment. So, to sell more toys, Disney told Pixar to make a sequel, which is not needed in the first place. In reality, The Incredibles should have a sequel, so we can see the new challenges the kids face, and that will be a great idea. Well, Cars 2 could have some topics like sportsmanship but no, we got SPIES. Well, What. And guess who is in the spy flick? Mater (Larry the Cable guy), and we focus on them, and it's stupid. So, ladies and gentlemen, Pixar made a new Star wars Ja Ja. Mater is most of the time stupid, idiotic, and annoying. He and Lighting McQueen got into a friendship conflict, in which what the film should explore it. But no, we got spy flick. You would be asking what's the threat in this film? Well, it's about a group of mob who's control the oil of the world threatens to destroy a green race, run by a alternate fuel boss, and spies are now going to stop this madness. So, you will ask 'It's an Environmental film?' HECK YES. What? A car film taking about environment. :O... FFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT LOGICAL. Oh well. The film has a decent climax, colours and chase scenes, but the fact that Larry the Cable guy sucks out the fun is obnoxious. But it's got a good twist...that still cannot save the film. It's a big disappointing from Pixar, and it should burn in fumes, with gasoline. 

Btw, they don't focus on Lighting McQueen, which he is why the film has a sequel. Marketing epic failure. Blow that gas tank!!!

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #15,120 of 24,647
  Life of Pi is a lot more realistic :D

I don´t think the concept been over done surely but I agree Redford is not good enough of an actor to hold up such a movie on his own. 1/10 I don´t quite understand at all though it´s a good movie that could have been a lot better though with another lead actor.
I suppose he is not supposed to be a professional sailor though but yes it´s annoying when they make the wrong decisions lol but it´s kind of easy to do all things right sitting by the sideline isn´t it.

As for Robocop I will give it a try. Joel Kinnaman I am not sure but if he don´t have to speak to much it may work out lol.

I never said life of pi was a lot more realistic, but it is a hell of a lot less boring. I hated this movie though, and I do not think it was that interesting at all. I guess I personally did not get it. It may have good filming and sounds, but its plot is nothing interesting and I found it pretty lifeless. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back