RAPTGO HOOK-X In Ear Monitor
Sep 14, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #466 of 831
There is just something about them, I cannot quite put my finger on it.

The IT07 are indeed better at most things, but I find the smoothness of the Hook while still retaining clarity much like Amp13 is with the DX. And because of that, even cranking the volume a bit they still remain smooth and non fatiguing. All in all they are just different, which makes them keepers in my camp.

when I have a lot to choose from and my hands always take the same transducer, that is the argument by which I decide if they are better or worse... regardless of the price.

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #467 of 831
Feeling reluctant to try these or 7hz timeless. Coming from 20 years of Shure (se530 and Aonic 5) and I don't want to take a step backwards in terms of SQ and clarity. On the other hand I am looking for something with a more U shaped signature as I'm getting bored of Shures

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #468 of 831
Feeling reluctant to try these or 7hz timeless. Coming from 20 years of Shure (se530 and Aonic 5) and I don't want to take a step backwards in terms of SQ and clarity. On the other hand I am looking for something with a more U shaped signature as I'm getting bored of Shures
Getting the Hook x you will get a quite big upgrade from the se530.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #470 of 831
Can you explain what the improvements would be?
Ive heard the se530 a couple years ago so cant explain precisely now but overall the tuning on the Hook x and the Timeless is superior to the se530. I remember that they were dark on top with almost no treble extension and very boring tonally.

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #471 of 831
Ive heard the se530 a couple years ago so cant explain precisely now but overall the tuning on the Hook x and the Timeless is superior to the se530. I remember that they were dark on top with almost no treble extension and very boring tonally.
I would agree on most of this as I find both very neutral to flat across the spectrum. Upside is i get a good sense of how the music was recorded without any sort of colouring from equipment. I find myself consistently looking for a bass and treble boost either through EQ or Xbass and Xspace on the Gryphon.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #472 of 831
I would agree on most of this as I find both very neutral to flat across the spectrum. Upside is i get a good sense of how the music was recorded without any sort of colouring from equipment. I find myself consistently looking for a bass and treble boost either through EQ or Xbass and Xspace on the Gryphon.
Yeah i get what you mean but not having enough treble and bass response is also some kind of colouring.
Comparing the Timeless vs Hook: the Timeless has just a very slightly more details in mids, the Hooks have slightly better tuning, definitely better layering and soundstage width.

Sep 14, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #473 of 831
Yeah i get what you mean but not having enough treble and bass response is also some kind of colouring.
Comparing the Timeless vs Hook: the Timeless has just a very slightly more details in mids, the Hooks have slightly better tuning, definitely better layering and soundstage width.
Which do you feel would compliment the Gryphon and the RU6 better..... Hook or Timeless?

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #475 of 831
If you are looking for a U or V signature, look elsewhere. The Hook-X are mostly mid forward. The timeless is a V signature though.

Sep 14, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #477 of 831
After spending hours reading through both this and the 7Hz threads, I ordered the Timeless and a graphene cable.
You would probably have been happy either way provided you like the "planar" sound that both have. :)

Sep 14, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #479 of 831
Lol..... actually never listened to a planar in my life. Thought I would go out and try something completely new and different. Looking forward to tomorrow when they arrive.
I would suggest you do yourself a favor and listen to them (and only them) for at least a week, if not two to acclimate yourself to the difference in sound of a planar driver (they DO sound different than DD or BA). I don't think this will happen for you, but it is possible that you will hear them, and immediately dismiss them as terrible sounding (not that they are THAT different in sound).

Enjoy your new shiny! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back