4. Unique Melody MEST Mk3
5. Unique Melody MEST Indigo
6. Sony IER-Z1R
7. Unique Melody MEXT
8. 64 Audio U4s
9. FiR Audio Radon 6
10. 64 Audio Trio

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #5,132 of 5,134
Based on your list, you might want to give Elysian Annihilator a whirl.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #5,133 of 5,134
Also graphs are good to a point, but they are not definitive about bass that is for sure, based on quantity.
... what size eartips did you use and how far in did the IEMs fit?

Graphs are certainly good for defining quantity, for the particular fit and "ear canal" that they represent. Perhaps your fit situation deviated much from that.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #5,134 of 5,134
Since 15 years ago I only get custom IEMs, so my rankings below are all CIEMs. As customs can change the sound compared to universals, keep that in mind:

1) Empire Ears Odin

2) 64Audio a12t

3) Sound Rhyme DTE 900

4) PEARs 3
4) Theiaudio Monarch I

5) UM MEST II

6) CraftEars Aurum

I listen to a wide range of music, including rock, classical, jazz, EDM. The Odin is my top because it does well across most genres. That said, 64Audio is the best at vocals as it captures the timbre better for both male and female voices, and is an all around great IEM, just less fun due to weaker bass than the tri-brids, so I put it at #2 even though it bests Odin in vocals. The DTE900 I found because of this thread and I think is an incredible bargain. Very fun, usable across most genres, but a bit less accurate in vocals. The PEARS is another good deal, fairly neutral but generally less fun. The Monarch I lost but did own it at some time as MEST and Aurum and I preferred it to them. The MEST lower ranking is due to odd mid-range, though its sound changes the most of the IEMs when I press down so it might be a worse fit. The Aurum was OK but generally a disappointment compared to the other tribrids for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back