random discussion thread
Aug 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #768 of 804
Do any of you actually listen to music for like... 10 hours a day?

Today I listened to music for around 6 hours, I just noticed I spent the last 3 hours in complete silence, all I can hear is my computer fan and some birds chirping outside.
<size=36>THROUGH MY FACE</size>

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #771 of 804
OH MY GOD IT JUST CLICKED that's why I haven't been listening to music for 10 hours a day, I need the TakeT BPP.

I can't handle this unnatural low frequency range, I am a rare flower of autumn springtime at heart, a dolphin of the deepest sea, I need to echolocate the lotuses of Chinese buttercup with the snow petals... as they drop softly, the rain is coming and I am limited to sensory deprivation of Dante's 20Hz-20kHz, I must break these chains and soar like a phoenix, into the heavens of 77kHz!! I can feel the fire in my eyes, killing me softly with his song, He sang as if he knew me in all my dark despair, and then he looked right through me as if I wasn't there, but he was there, this stranger, singing clear and loud, strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words, killing me softly with his song, killing me softly, with his song, telling my whole life, with his words, killing me softly, with his tea, the Take T, BPP.

I'm going crazy time to sleep and not browse head-fi all day tomorrow.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #772 of 804
Quote:
OH MY GOD IT JUST CLICKED that's why I haven't been listening to music for 10 hours a day, I need the TakeT BPP.

I can't handle this unnatural low frequency range, I am a rare flower of autumn springtime at heart, a dolphin of the deepest sea, I need to echolocate the lotuses of Chinese buttercup with the snow petals... as they drop softly, the rain is coming and I am limited to sensory deprivation of Dante's 20Hz-20kHz, I must break these chains and soar like a phoenix, into the heavens of 77kHz!! I can feel the fire in my eyes, killing me softly with his song, He sang as if he knew me in all my dark despair, and then he looked right through me as if I wasn't there, but he was there, this stranger, singing clear and loud, strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words, killing me softly with his song, killing me softly, with his song, telling my whole life, with his words, killing me softly, with his tea, the Take T, BPP.

I'm going crazy time to sleep and not browse head-fi all day tomorrow.

You did the "Listen with your face" thing huh? That's nothing. Take your clothes off and listen with your whole body. It's an incredible experience. I'm not allowed in movie theaters anymore, but so worth it.

If they played better music at strip clubs, I'd have found my dream career.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #775 of 804
Aug 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #777 of 804
Aug 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #779 of 804
Quote:
5 minutes and an open mind is all I ask, listen to this article, through your face http://jn.physiology.org/content/83/6/3548.full

That study's been torn to pieces.  You can track down nick_charles' posts on it if you want more detailed info but the gist of it is that the tweeters they were using had plenty of audible IMD at lower frequencies (<20khz) which most people can hear when the ultrasonic was added in.  I don't have the link but that same experiment was retried by others using better tweeters (or maybe a separate tweeter for the  ultrasonic, I can't remember which) to get rid of the IMD problem and no one could hear the ultrasonic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back