random discussion thread
Aug 20, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #724 of 804
Buffalo is pony legion now.  
cool.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #725 of 804

Quote:
So my friends decided they'd be cute and prank call me with an unknown number. I told them my phone rang at full volume and because of it, swerved into a ditch. They asked for pics (or it didn't happen), I happened to find a picture of a similar car (color too) being towed. Then they called me about 5 times until I answered, playing Never Gonna Give You Up with my new melodica. 

I wish I got prank calls from friends.

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #728 of 804

Quote:

I wish I got prank calls from friends.

If they were interesting prank calls, I wouldn't mind, but their calls are stupid.

And buffalowings and I should be getting ours by Wednesday. Awesome.

Aug 20, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #729 of 804

Quote:
If they were interesting prank calls, I wouldn't mind, but their calls are stupid.

And buffalowings and I should be getting ours by Wednesday. Awesome.

:D thanks! i was wondering when it would get here... 

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #730 of 804

Quote:
:D thanks! i was wondering when it would get here... 

Well, it should be around Wednesday. Iirc, it ships from Tennessee. Stuff from around there never takes the listed 5 days.

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #731 of 804
The Objective2 sounds good, but I think I still prefer the beta22 slightly. (deadlylover bro-to-bro levels of slightly, I felt the differences were tiny, and may have all been in my head)

I just spent the last 3 hours flying back and forth in a level matched comparison using the LCD-2's, there was pretty much no difference in tonality, but I felt the beta22 sounded a little better at separating the loli from the rest of the track. I left the Obj2 at my friends place, so I'll be able to forward his impressions eventually, which will probably be better than mine considering he has much more experience with the LCD-2.

I'd happily recommend anyone to build it as a first project, it's cheap as chips, and like I said, it sounds good. But for anyone who needs to pay for kangaroo shipping, it kinda sucks having to pay ~$130 all up for a "$30" amp.

If I don't come back from the Objective2 thread alive, I <3 you lot very much. I don't think my body is ready....

Farewell, friends.

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #734 of 804
Aw shucks.

I feel so n00b without a proper DAC and without a proper amp, srsly everything I own is fairly low impedance and I have a great stereo receiver, sigh I think I'm going
to just spend all my current savings on custom IEM's and focus on portable audio =/

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #735 of 804

Quote:
The Objective2 sounds good, but I think I still prefer the beta22 slightly. (deadlylover bro-to-bro levels of slightly, I felt the differences were tiny, and may have all been in my head)

I just spent the last 3 hours flying back and forth in a level matched comparison using the LCD-2's, there was pretty much no difference in tonality, but I felt the beta22 sounded a little better at separating the loli from the rest of the track. I left the Obj2 at my friends place, so I'll be able to forward his impressions eventually, which will probably be better than mine considering he has much more experience with the LCD-2.

I'd happily recommend anyone to build it as a first project, it's cheap as chips, and like I said, it sounds good. But for anyone who needs to pay for kangaroo shipping, it kinda sucks having to pay ~$130 all up for a "$30" amp.

woohoo! nice to hear. how much would it cost you to build a beta22? and I assume the gain in the O2 was 2.5x right?

Quote:
If I don't come back from the Objective2 thread alive, I <3 you lot very much. I don't think my body is ready....

Farewell, friends.

You can have my sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back