Radsone EasrStudio HUD100 MK2 volume "fine-tuning" issue.
Mar 26, 2021 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JayNetTech5

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I am having an issue setting a specific volume digit, because when the computer turns off, reboots, or wakes, the number in the source volume goes to the fixed digit the hud100 software sets. The one in the app is a decibel slider, and it tends to change 3 notches up or down with a fixed digit, but nothing in between, for instance, setting the slider to -2 db will either be 84% or 87% volume in the Windows 10 system volume slider, -1db will be 90% or 93%, 0db will be 97% or 100% each time the db slider moves up or down, but I cannot set anything in between those values showing up in the system/source slider because it will reset to those fixed values once the computer shuts off in any way, and will usually reset to the lower-most values, like 84%, 90%, or 97% showing in system volume, based on that db level set in the HUD100 software.

I tend to like having my volume sweet spot in the system slider around 85%, but resets to 84%, and if I play around with the db slider, it will be either 84 or 87 when going back to -2db. -1db at 90% seems to be the one I can keep because it's the lower-most value closer to the sweet spot, but seems to cause slightly more distortion in my headphones, I guess from overdriving.

Is there any way to fix this, or the proprietary software needs to be removed, and I should just use the generic driver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back