Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 3, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #5,268 of 6,675
That would be nice if we can get a confirmation from @radsone

Agreed. Because I’m fairly sure that I have gotten the pop up warning (about not removing the jack while music is playing) when the output was locked.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #5,269 of 6,675
Yes, you always have to force the LDAC "Optimized for Audio Quality" in Dev Options. I just leave it at Best Effort as I can't hear a difference anyways.

For always using LDAC go to your Bluetooth settings menu, click the Earstudio wheel cog then select LDAC so it will always force LDAC.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #5,270 of 6,675
Yes, you always have to force the LDAC "Optimized for Audio Quality" in Dev Options. I just leave it at Best Effort as I can't hear a difference anyways.

For always using LDAC go to your Bluetooth settings menu, click the Earstudio wheel cog then select LDAC so it will always force LDAC.
Maybe rooting and editing build.prop (if it still exists on Android devices).

BTW you can know if best audio quality is selected because signal drops quicker and there're sound interruptions. With auto selected it remains stronger and more distance and/or physical barriers are needed to loose signal.

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #5,271 of 6,675
Noticing some odd "bugs" or behaviors over time. After turning it on and connecting to my Android phone, the app doesn't acknowledge the ES100 is on. Today when I turned it on,
the indicator light remained a steady green and won't connect to the phone. This was solved by charging it, but connecting it to the phone, same issue with the app.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #5,273 of 6,675
Yes, but every time you disconnect from the ES100 you have to change the setting for Best Audio

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #5,276 of 6,675
I almost lasted a month without mine after the replacement unit they gave me in April died last month - the Drop for $79 made me realize how badly I wanted one in my life again... *sigh* Amazon it is - I so wanted to have the patience to see if the BTR5 was going to be competition for the ES before I bought in again... this why we (I) can't have nice (expensive) amps.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #5,277 of 6,675
Yesterday I updated my Pixel 3a to Android 10 and now it doesn't recognize my ES100, previous version was smooth, receiving LDAC 24/96 without forcing nothing, out of the box.
Anyone is having this problem?

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #5,278 of 6,675
No issues on my Pixel 3 with Android 10.
Connected first time.

Sep 4, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #5,279 of 6,675
Yesterday I updated my Pixel 3a to Android 10 and now it doesn't recognize my ES100, previous version was smooth, receiving LDAC 24/96 without forcing nothing, out of the box.
Anyone is having this problem?

Maybe try deleting the App and Bluetooth pairing and setting it both of them back up?

Sep 4, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #5,280 of 6,675
I almost lasted a month without mine after the replacement unit they gave me in April died last month - the Drop for $79 made me realize how badly I wanted one in my life again... *sigh* Amazon it is - I so wanted to have the patience to see if the BTR5 was going to be competition for the ES before I bought in again... this why we (I) can't have nice (expensive) amps.
Didn't the btr5 already shown it has better hardware? Shanling also just announced their Up4 which has identical specs as btr5 but uglier and hopefully cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back